Premed 101 Forums

U of T cuts two credits

I've heard something about U of t cutting two credits from your GPA if you take 5 full credits each year (U of t undergrad), is this true? a lot of ppl tell me this, but i can't find anything about it online. if this is true, does the GPA average U of t med provide take into account this fact? And the avg gpa provided by u of t med is omsas based right?

I've heard something about U of t cutting two credits from your GPA if you take 5 full credits each year (U of t undergrad), is this true? a lot of ppl tell me this, but i can't find anything about it online. if this is true, does the GPA average U of t med provide take into account this fact? And the avg gpa provided by u of t med is omsas based right?

actually there is a system at U of T to remove courses from your transcripts if you are full time (5.0+ courses) each and every year of your school.

If you search for wGPA you will find a lot of examples on it. Check out

"5) What is the weighting formula?"

at

http://www.md.utoronto.ca/admissions/information/faq.htm

1 credit per full courseload year.

Average takes into account the wGPA.

Yes, OMSAS.

You should just read the site as rmorelan pointed out. This is very basic information.

Archived