Premed 101 Forums

1st year courses in 2nd year

I want to take music and a language course in 2nd

and i have to option to take 1st year music and and a 1st year language course

do med school care if you take 1 year courses in 2nd year?

appreciate some feedback :)

i'm a science student :P

they don't necessarily...just make sure I think most of your courses (60%? someone else has the number) are according to your year.

There is nothing wrong with taking some 1st year level courses in your second year or even after that. Make sure that 60% of your course load corresponds to your year level of study and if you do that, you should be fine.

For example, I took 2 half credit second year level courses in my final year and there is nothing wrong with doing that.....so if you really want to take those courses, go for it.

they don't necessarily...just make sure I think most of your courses (60%? someone else has the number) are according to your year.

It also depends on which university you are applying to. Western has the requirement that 60% of your course load should corresponding to your year, and U of T says that most of your courses should correspond to your year as well (ie. they want you to progress through your degree, not just take a random sampling of courses). I'm not sure about other universities.

Generally, if you are taking a full course load/ year (ie: generally 10 courses/year (5 per semester or equivalent). Four courses can differ from your year of study. It varies in some cases (ie: due to program type: double major, integrated programs) but that is the general rule that I stick by as it applies to basically all future med school apps.

It also depends on which university you are applying to. Western has the requirement that 60% of your course load should corresponding to your year, and U of T says that most of your courses should correspond to your year as well (ie. they want you to progress through your degree, not just take a random sampling of courses). I'm not sure about other universities.

wait what about taking two summer course in upper year classes?

i was thinking of taking 1st year music and 1st year chinese next year

along with 1st sememster orgo, biochem(0.5), cell bio(0.5) 2nd sem: genetics(0.5) 2290E(essay course at uwo)

and music and chines runs all year which are 1.0 each

anyone go to uwo can comment?

-defering biostats until 3rd year (cause i heard the course was a bad course...)

Archived