Premed 101 Forums

Entry-level PharmD in Canada ?

Hieu

Every one of them will eventually offer Pharm Ds exclusively to follow the US's footsteps. For now several Universities are in the process of switching to a PharmD program. The one I'm familiar with is at U of T.

Pharm D will differ from the current bachelors as Pharm Ds will have a research conponent and residency would be required

Every one of them will eventually offer Pharm Ds exclusively to follow the US's footsteps. For now several Universities are in the process of switching to a PharmD program. The one I'm familiar with is at U of T.

Pharm D will differ from the current bachelors as Pharm Ds will have a research conponent and residency would be required

What happen with the UofT graduated PharmD when they will have a entry-level PharmD ? they will name it post-PharmD ?

U de Montreal is already offering PharmD

U of Toronto is hmm... beginning the long process of fulfilling PharmD requirements because they will only be upgrading their 14 year-old curriculum next year

U of Waterloo is closer to the process since they have a more.... advanced curriculum with more practical knowledge & rotations (i.e. Co-op).

the movement to pharm D really is beginning to gain some momentum recently because of the changing in scopes of practice for pharmacists

BSc Phms can still practice even if a program becomes Entry Level Pharm D. In UT, there's going to be a bridging program (yet to be developed) once their entry level pharm D curriculum gets accredited. The post-grad pharm D will be as is as far as I know. It is usually assumed that ppl with a Pharm D has more clinical experience at graduation than BSc, but that's not really the case since not all BSc programs are equal

U de Montreal is already offering PharmD

U of Toronto is hmm... beginning the long process of fulfilling PharmD requirements because they will only be upgrading their 14 year-old curriculum next year

U of Waterloo is closer to the process since they have a more.... advanced curriculum with more practical knowledge & rotations (i.e. Co-op).

the movement to pharm D really is beginning to gain some momentum recently because of the changing in scopes of practice for pharmacists

BSc Phms can still practice even if a program becomes Entry Level Pharm D. In UT, there's going to be a bridging program (yet to be developed) once their entry level pharm D curriculum gets accredited. The post-grad pharm D will be as is as far as I know. It is usually assumed that ppl with a Pharm D has more clinical experience at graduation than BSc, but that's not really the case since not all BSc programs are equal

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The caveat of the bridging program at UT is of course, that it's limited in spots...so the entire class of 240 won't be able take the bridging program.

Yes, there has been mentions of intense application process including CV submission, interview, and essay.... Somehow I don't think it's worth it.... especially when the bridging program just starts

• 1 year later...

Archived