Premed 101 Forums

So..How were the interviews???

How did you feel after your walked out in the end?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How did you feel after your walked out in the end?

• Awesome!! I nailed it!
    • Meh.. could have been better..
    • :( Disaster!!
    • I'll just quitely wait for the results

It was fine. I found 1 station to be kind of tricky, but I think I managed it ok.

To be honest though, I was surprised at the lack of 1st years hanging around. I know that the class size is small and it was a weekend, but at all the other schools I've gone to, there was a lot more student representation.

Overall I thought the interview went fairly well! When I was finished, I felt extremely relieved and happy with how I did. There were 1 or 2 stations that I didn't feel overly confident about but that's okay.

At the moment, I go through phases of thinking it went really well and thinking I failed! It's quite the roller-coaster to be on ha.

I'm still a little astounded at how they can fail 40% (130) of the interviewers? I didn't think it was such a terrible experience as to fail it.

Anyone else's thoughts?

Overall I thought the interview went fairly well! When I was finished, I felt extremely relieved and happy with how I did. There were 1 or 2 stations that I didn't feel overly confident about but that's okay.

At the moment, I go through phases of thinking it went really well and thinking I failed! It's quite the roller-coaster to be on ha.

I'm still a little astounded at how they can fail 40% (130) of the interviewers? I didn't think it was such a terrible experience as to fail it.

Anyone else's thoughts?

With you on just about everything! I also thought the interview went fairly well. I thought the med students that were around (not as many as some schools, but more than others - like uOttawa for example) were very helpful and friendly! I loved the campus & fingers are crossed! I was also a bit taken back when I heard that they fail the bottom 40%... a little bit scary! haha

Best of luck, everyone! Let the waiting game begin...!

With you on just about everything! I also thought the interview went fairly well. I thought the med students that were around (not as many as some schools, but more than others - like uOttawa for example) were very helpful and friendly! I loved the campus & fingers are crossed! I was also a bit taken back when I heard that they fail the bottom 40%... a little bit scary! haha

Best of luck, everyone! Let the waiting game begin...!

Sorry for being snoopy but wow you have had a few interviews! How were they? Do you have a preference for a certain school or still undecided?

Sorry for being snoopy but wow you have had a few interviews! How were they? Do you have a preference for a certain school or still undecided?

My opinion on how they went seems to change every hour! haha I keep rethinking them and changing my mind on how I think they went... the confidence is wearing with time and I am so ready for May. I have pros and cons for every school and my "rank list" (if that's even an appropriate term, I'd go anywhere!) changes after I see the schools as well. So, I guess overall I am undecided -- Sask is in the top 3 right now though! The campus was gorgeous & the students I talked to were awesome! Having family in Saskatoon & Regina is also a big plus (mmm, real meals) & my boyfriend would love Rider seasons tickets... !

It was fine. I found 1 station to be kind of tricky, but I think I managed it ok.

To be honest though, I was surprised at the lack of 1st years hanging around. I know that the class size is small and it was a weekend, but at all the other schools I've gone to, there was a lot more student representation.

They actually had to turn some 1st years away that wanted to volunteer. I know there was a large number of the class that wanted to, but i guess it went through a "lottery" and they only chose a certain number of people.

Hi all,

I thought the interviews were great and the facilities were obviously great as well. On the other hand, it seemed to me that they were not very concerned getting to know us, talking to us about the curriculum, selling the school, or even making the journey enjoyable. Their school has so much to offer, but the website, students, and staff did really nothing to show it off.

Although my MMI went fine, it was just incredible how apathetic the staff and students were. I am also using my experience at 5-6 other schools, but maybe others think differently.

Ab

They actually had to turn some 1st years away that wanted to volunteer. I know there was a large number of the class that wanted to, but i guess it went through a "lottery" and they only chose a certain number of people.
Hm. Interesting. I though they could have had more volunteer who just talk to us before the MMI and discuss what they thought about the school, the city, etc.

um I didn't have the same experience as the above posters, there may not have been that many students but the 2 tourguides I had on saturday were great.

Hey guys,

Sorry to hear that some of you think that the school did not do a good job of enticing you to come to SK! If you have any unanswered questions from the weekend, feel free to send me a message.

I can assure you that the U of S is an awesome school! :)

Anyone else's thoughts?

That's is funny cause I had the opposite effect, when I was done the interview, I was relieved that i dont have to do another station. This was because I thought I was wayyyy too nervous in the 2 of the station which effected my language.

But when I look back I see that I didn't do too bad in my points.

Best thing to do is forget about the interview and stop coming on this site until you get ur acceptance letter ( hopefully ).

Haha good luck

• 2 weeks later...
Just curious does the U of S use all 10 stations or do they drop like the worst and best one?

I'm not too sure but I dont' think they drop any. I thought that they look at it based on some sort of decile system. So even if you have low scores (in an average), they look at your school mark or something. I could be totally wrong though....

• 2 weeks later...
Given our small class size, I can say I never feel like "a number".

To be able to get an interview offer is it alright to just have a mark above 78? I know that's the minumum requirement, so does that mean they interview everyone who has a 2 year ave of 78?

They dont have much info re: this.

Archived