Premed 101 Forums

Cricket World Cup

TheProdigy_19

Indians and pakistanis don't need to become friends, we should in fact keep a distance, but at the same time be political allies.. or the world will keep taking advantage of both of us.

*Pakistanis

The first thing that HAS to be done is the creation of an Independent Kashmir; as long as that's between us, a mutual political understanding is difficult.

And what would be so bad about friendship? Our cultures are pretty similar, and both nations would benefit.

I like to think that in general both peoples are fond of each other, its just, when a Pakistan vs India situation arises (whether it be cricket, field hockey, or unfortunately in some cases, war) passions flare up gets the better of us.

I agree, I said some hurtful things (and I've deleted those posts out of respect), but you must admit, so did you (like that poorly photoshopped picture).

Again, I want to extend my (figurative) hand towards you, as a truce <3 :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kashmir will never be independent. But the 95% muslim portion might as well be controlled by Pakistan and the other region should be controlled by India.

Also, Pakistan and afghanistan were 100% hindu/buddhist for a long time, so we share some culture. However, pakistanis have adopted most of arabic islamic culture since, so there's a large difference now.

This is why we shouldn't be 'friends', but we should have goodwill towards each other and be allies.

A stable Pakistan = A more stable India, and vice-versa!

If someone picks on a Pakistani for his race or ethnicity, I'll be first one to come by their side.

I have a couple of questions/ comments for you.

Why should the 95% Muslim portion be controlled by Pakistan? Just because Pakistan is a Muslim country? I think the people of Kashmir should have a say in this, don't you? I mean there are more Muslims in India than all of Pakistan.

What is Arabic Islamic culture and what are the other Islamic cultures? To my knowledge, it's all the same.

I still don't understand why you think Pakistan and India shouldn't be friends. From my understanding, it is a healthy dose of similarities and differences between people that help a community/ country thrive (i.e. Canada).

Thoughts?

I have a couple of questions/ comments for you.

Why should the 95% Muslim portion be controlled by Pakistan? Just because Pakistan is a Muslim country? I think the people of Kashmir should have a say in this, don't you? I mean there are more Muslims in India than all of Pakistan.

What is Arabic Islamic culture and what are the other Islamic cultures? To my knowledge, it's all the same.

I still don't understand why you think Pakistan and India shouldn't be friends. From my understanding, it is a healthy dose of similarities and differences between people that help a community/ country thrive (i.e. Canada).

Thoughts?

Just wondering, is there any evidence that diverse communities thrive more than homogeneous ones?

Not getting into India vs. Pakistan. Although I feel like one country is our ally while the other our "ally". We'll see what the future holds, hopefully the instability in those regions won't spread into communities here in Canada.

Archived