Premed 101 Forums

U of T Summer school courses

My experience from past summers

BCH210: good in the summer, lots of time to memorize stuff, people less competitive.

HPS211:really relaxed, weak student population, easy to do well.

CSB325: good course at night. Do NSERC 9-5 and go to class 6-9, have dinner 5-6, 2 birds 1 stone.

Try avoid dense courses like CHM.

Guest CandyTruck
It may be difficult and worst case, affect your cGPA.

Wayyyy too much work. In my school (not U of T) we have 2 lectures per week, and sometimes in one lecture, we cover two and a half chapters. Plus, the lab is really annoying... we have to write one lab report before the lab, and a second one (this one is the formal lab report) after the lab. Plus, we get quizzes before each lab. The lab is really long too, and I'm sure you know all these... but seriously, taking orgo with all the other courses =P that sounds really, really intense. But then again, I'm not from U of T so my opinion may have little or no value.

Well I took 5 courses last summer. 2 physics, 2 english, and one environmental science. Managed to finish first in one of the english courses (writing), but totally bombed the other one (short stories)... My suggestion is to take 4 courses or less (if you are taking 2 credits, then that's equivalent to 4 half-credit courses or 2 full-credit courses).:)

I took one full term 2nd yr course in arts at UT during the summer, I never studied, like never (ok maybe 4 hours before the exam) and got a good enough grade. I went to every lecture though. And I'm far from a total brainer. So I defs think 2 courses is more than doable. Don't miss class though. If u miss class then ur screwed. That's my 2 cents! Hopefully it's reassuring.

Archived