Premed 101 Forums

University of Wollongong Graduate School of Medicine visiting Canada and the U.S.

Hello All,

With April here once again the University of Wollongong Graduate School of Medicine (GSM) out of Australia will be back in Canada and the US on their annual visit to connect with students interested in learning more about the graduate entry MBBS program, the application process, transferability, internship/residency concerns and issues, interview process and more.

Dr. Lyndal Parker-Newlyn, Associate Professor of Medical Education and the Head of the Graduate School of Medicine (GSM) will be visiting university campuses and cities across Canada and meeting with interested students to discuss the program, the application and interview process. The transfer process back to Canada will also be discussed. The GSM’s MBBS program is a strongly rural based practitioner focused program designed to address the continuing need for physicians in remote and rural regions. There is a great need for rural based practitioners in both Australia and Canada.

Here is Dr. Parker-Newlyn’s schedule:

• Denver: Monday the 11th of April

• Vancouver: Tuesday and Wednesday the 12th and 13th April

• Winnipeg: Saturday the 16th April

• Toronto: Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, the 17th, 18th and 19th of April

• St. John’s Newfoundland: Friday 22nd April

• Montreal: Monday 25th April

• Washington DC: Tuesday and Wednesday 26th and 27th of April

Please contact my colleague Casey Wopat (1-800-980-0033 xt140) if you have questions about the University of Wollongong GSM or if you would like to set a time to meet with Dr. Lyndal Parker-Newlyn or contact me directly at (514)-906-5785.

Please do let me know if you have any questions,

Chad DuMond

Director Canadian Institutional Relations

AustraLearn/DegreesOverseas

Archived