Premed 101 Forums

Staff Registering me forgot to keep my passport photo

Hello

The person who registered me just prior to my interview gave me back my passport photo and told me they didn't need it.

I emailed Mac and received an email from the same person this morning, requesting that I mail it to her.

Could this potentially impact how my Interview is scored?

Does anyone know?

Hello

The person who registered me just prior to my interview gave me back my passport photo and told me they didn't need it.

I emailed Mac and received an email from the same person this morning, requesting that I mail it to her.

Could this potentially impact how my Interview is scored?

Does anyone know?

I'm replying to my own post!

Just got off the phone with Admissions Office and the photo is not used at part of the Interview scoring or Selection Process.

Rather, it's used to identify admitted applicants, after the fact.

Phew

Just got off the phone with Admissions Office and the photo is not used at part of the Interview scoring or Selection Process.

I get what you mean. but LOL at the idea of them using the photo as part of their selection process.

Final Admissions Formula - 15%VR, 15% GPA, 35%MMI, 35% photo.

The real purpose of the interview is to weed out the uglies :)

I get what you mean. but LOL at the idea of them using the photo as part of their selection process.

LOL, too funny

Actually, I thought we needed to bring a photo to interview as a way for the Evaluators to remember us because of the many many candidates they see in a day

I had a mini-panic: how will they remember who I am.?!?.........

LOL

Rather, it's used to identify admitted applicants, after the fact.

Phew

Thank God!

I honestly thought that they would attach your photo to your score sheet. And then if the evaluator wanted to adjust your score based on the entire pool of applicants he/she saw then they would use the picture as a reminder of who the applicant was and how their performance was.

But I guess not.

Thank God!

I honestly thought that they would attach your photo to your score sheet. And then if the evaluator wanted to adjust your score based on the entire pool of applicants he/she saw then they would use the picture as a reminder of who the applicant was and how their performance was.

But I guess not.

thankfully no! I told the Admissions staff that this was my impression, over the phone, and she had a bit of a laugh. Apparently our station evaluators have no personal information about us and score us based on notes taken during our 8 minutes with them.

My friends and I had a HILARIOUS discussion about the same thing. When you watch most of the interview videos, most medical students are rather good looking. Maybe there is a secret conspiracy where attractive individuals gain more interview points or something...

Then all of us started calling each other ugly :P

My friends and I had a HILARIOUS discussion about the same thing. When you watch most of the interview videos, most medical students are rather good looking. Maybe there is a secret conspiracy where attractive individuals gain more interview points or something...

Then all of us started calling each other ugly :P

LOL, i wondered if she gave it back to me because she thought it was hideous

whereas I thought it was one of my better shots

:)

Archived