• Created
  • Last Reply
As I was an OOP applicant this year, I will post those numbers:

Avg. cGPA/ Max = 3.97/ 4.00

Avg. Activities/ Max = 8.94/ 13.00

Avg. MCAT/ Max = 11.57/ 13.67

Avg. Writing Sample/ Max = R/ T

Thanks, but that's not for those who were rejected is it? :eek:

Those look like the numbers for OOPs offered interviews or stats for all OOP applicants not just the ones rejected.

Well that is 0.04 higher than last year. And the MCAT average is slightly higher as well. BUT... this year there is no one with a 43... :rolleyes:

4th Year IP Interview cut offs

cGPA max 4.0, avg 3.82

activities max 15, avg 7.78

mcat max 13.67, avg 10.77

writing max T, avg Q

Last year (Grabbed from another thread):

In-Province Interview cut offs:

CGPA: Max 4.0; Avg: 3.78

Personal Activities Score: Max 17.63; Avg: 8.16

MCAT Score: Max 14.33; Avg: 10.70

Writing Sample: Max T; Avg: Q

I would be 2/3 pool as I am finishing my 3rd year now.

I was also wondering why my stats would be different as an OOP?? I would think they would be the same. But those are the numbers they gave me, I could scan the letter and post it here to prove it I suppose :confused:

No need. My numbers were for 4th year applicants.

I would be 2/3 pool as I am finishing my 3rd year now.

I was also wondering why my stats would be different as an OOP?? I would think they would be the same. But those are the numbers they gave me, I could scan the letter and post it here to prove it I suppose :confused:

No worries. Looks like all you need is a better MCAT and you're golden. Shouldn't be too hard with that 4.00 :cool:

IP, rejected due to clerical error. They didn't get my AP credits although AP board tells me they were sent. I didn't find out until it was too late to send again :mad: great way to spend 150 bucks I don't have.*

So,

GPA 0.0

Activities 6.9

MCAT - forget what they scored it, but 13p/13v/12b/T

*Compare and contrast to ucalgary, where when I had a problem with my transcript Adelle went out of her way to contact me directly by email and resolved it personally. Not saying ualberta is in any way an inferior school, but the applications process at ucalgary seems to be massively better.

Erk you crazy Pakistani you have to get your GPA up much higher before U of A will take you seriously.

I think they mostly didn't like that in all the activity entries I just listed "jihad", really.

Very diplomatic choice of language, wish I was that reserved sometimes.

Hahaha, it's only diplomatic because I got the swearing out of my system the day the letter arrived, all at once, in a long loud string. After the crap that went down online I was sort of expecting this to be the case, although I didn't know for sure until I got the snail mail. In a strange way I'm sort of glad it was a clerical error rather than rejection because of insufficient awesomeness.... I'd have preferred to get the interview I think I would have had, of course.

Grr.

Last year UofC said only 2 of my references submitted their letters. When the professor who they claimed did not submit a letter e-mailed UofC in an attempt to straighten the situation out, he was ignored. This year when he re-submitted the letter he saw the previous submission logged in the system...Both administrations can suck.

IP, rejected due to clerical error. They didn't get my AP credits although AP board tells me they were sent. I didn't find out until it was too late to send again :mad: great way to spend 150 bucks I don't have.*

I'm really sorry to hear that! Wow!

I was in a similar situation...I'm at Queen's, and I requested that my transcript be sent to U of A after the winter term marks came in (before the Feb 1st deadline). Queen's has a weird system to send out transcripts, where each date has to be manually entered. They entered year "5011" for the date that my transcript would be sent. Luckily I found out ON Feb 1st, but I'm disappointed that UofA wouldn't go the extra mile for students who had issues out of their control. It would benefit them to help us out a little!

I'm really sorry to hear that! Wow!

I was in a similar situation...I'm at Queen's, and I requested that my transcript be sent to U of A after the winter term marks came in (before the Feb 1st deadline). Queen's has a weird system to send out transcripts, where each date has to be manually entered. They entered year "5011" for the date that my transcript would be sent. Luckily I found out ON Feb 1st, but I'm disappointed that UofA wouldn't go the extra mile for students who had issues out of their control. It would benefit them to help us out a little!

I hope that you don't have to wait until 5011 to get into med school. In such a case, I suggest you borrow the cryogenics equipment that froze Philip J. Fry :D

Archived