Premed 101 Forums

T-1 Month

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How is this even possible?!?!

The only way that I'll be able to sleep in is if I take a sleeping pill :rolleyes:

...fall asleep unusually late?... :)

--

This is all getting so surreal! Same time next week we'll all know which of the 3 categories we fall into (if all goes according to plan).

Playoffs (basketball) have been my savior in this volatile weather we're having in TO the last few weeks. So glad they're arguably (imo) the best I've seen in 12 years! A welcome change from missing the 1st round completely and watching sparingly until the Finals like the past 4 years :).

What I mean is... being in California right now, your email client is probably adjusting the timestamps of all of your emails, based on your current time zone.

Happens to me all the time as I'm in between Alberta/Ontario.

What's the point of this debate guys? We all clearly know ON schools will release their decisions in the morning roughly 8 AM EST onwards. Definitely nothing earlier than that based on past years.

Now what I didn't know was that U of T staggers decisions, with rejections followed by WL followed by offers. Should I bother checking my e-mail at 8/9 AM or just wait after all decisions have been sent out and check? Not sure what my answer is here. Guess I'll see what happens next Thursday.

Go to California. Wake up when it's all over. Proceed to enjoy the sun regardless of the decision:P

Haha good one mlbn. So once again there's a chance we may end up classmates eh? Well, regardless of what happens, good luck to you fellow US/CAN applicant ;)

...now I'm remembering my time in Cali...ah see, all Stanford needed to do was invite me for their MMI and I would have visited Cali this past year :rolleyes:

ps: for the record U of T > Stanford for me so I won't be complaining if positive news comes in May 05 :)

IMO, its better to wait it out till all offers are sent. You dont want to put yourself through the stress of hoping to not receive an email by constantly refreshing for 1-2 hours. It would be better to open it once and accept the good or bad news. I think last year I waited till about 10-1030 am est.

IMO, its better to wait it out till all offers are sent. You dont want to put yourself through the stress of hoping to not receive an email by constantly refreshing or 1-2 hours. It would be better to open it once and accept the good or bad news. I think last year I waited till about 10-1030 am est.
I agree. I going to (try to) wait until all the decisions are out to avoid the stress/wait/refreshing.

The date's so close now. Wish it could ease up on the rain here in TO. Been raining the majority of the last 3 weeks now (at least) ! At least the forecast is sunny for Wednesday. Will be good to get out and try to ease up the anxiety a bit...the same anxiety that will turn into jubilation or disappointment in a few days' time.

can't believe it is May 1st. Time is flying by....yikes....

Aside from worrying about Thursday's e-mail, how is everyone doing? Here in California it is very pretty day :) The sun, birds, and lizards are out and the sheep are grazing about. I am in a nice relaxed mode this lazy Sunday, but I'm sure I will be having a tiny panic attack before checking my e-mail on the 5th.

Like I've said time and time again, I hope that we premed-ers can all get in. I hope we will have the chance to introduce ourselves in person should we be lucky to get an acceptance letter! I have really enjoyed my time on this discussion board! I've got my fingers tightly crossed for our group! I think we have a 50% chance of getting in....those odds aren't too terrible!

Have a great and lovely evening, everyone! :) I am sending out lots of positive energy your way ce soir ! :)

Yup! I'm in a very rural area in Northern California! :) I'm working on a disease ecology research project out here! It is very nice living here...but it is far from civilization! I don't have a car so it means that I don't have the chance to venture out very much!

Archived