Premed 101 Forums

amazon.ca

Guest MDHopeful04

Guest MDHopeful04

I am thinking of ordering an MCAT prep book off amazon.ca. I was wondering if any of you have had any experience ordering things off the internet, more specifically amazon.ca, using a credit card.

Was it easy? Were there any problems? (e.g., delayed arrival, damaged merchandise, credit card fraud, etc)

Thanks.

Guest peachy

I use amazon.ca all the time, and have been very happy with it! Great prices (often - always compare to indigo.ca first) and very fast shipping. For example, this weekend I ordered a book on Sunday, used the free shipping option, and got it on Tuesday.

Their used books are also often a great deal, just make sure that you include the $6.95 per book shipping fee when you are comparing prices. But frequently you can find $40 books for $5 + $6.95 shipping, and they're normally in near-perfect condition.

Guest dopetown

Hey,

I ordered my MCAT books from Amazon. I find most of their prices to be cheaper than Chapters. They have fairly fast shipping. My two books arrived before the estimated date. One of the covers of my books had a little rip, but nothing some scotch tape can't handle.

-Dopetown

Guest Lactic Folly

I recently ordered some books from Amazon and Chapters for the first time. I paid for the shipping (since I don't live in Ontario and I like parcel tracking :) ) - submitted the order Saturday, books were shipped Monday, and the packages arrived Wednesday. One was small enough to fit in my mailbox, but the other was left on my front doorstep.. oh well. Overall, I'm quite happy with the savings and the condition of the books. In the future, I may go with the free shipping (and try to be home on the delivery date).

Guest aneliz

I have ordered numerous things from both amazon.ca and chapters.ca...great service....books usually appear within a week and are in great shape. No hassles yet!

Guest medicator007

I'll echo the above sentiments.... I have order from both amazon and chapters, be sure to compare prices as said above because someitmes you can save money here and there. I always take the free shipping and have NEVER had a problem.

Guest Lactic Folly

One thing to add - if you are concerned about credit card security, you might want to go into 'Your Account' and delete your credit card information after ordering from Amazon. Chapters doesn't store it so you don't need to do this there.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Just in case you're faced with this option (used books), I too, have bought quite a few books from amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Often, amazon.com has a greater selection of books as well as the ability to peek inside the book, which can be handy. I've purchased used books from amazon.com about four or five times, including a whopper of a book on cerebrovascular disorders that cost me about $60, but which would have cost about triple that, had I opted for a new copy. Akin to the new book purchases the used book purchases have been seamless and without credit card issues.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived