Premed 101 Forums

Taking pre-reqs in Cegep as a university graduate

So, I have a degree and am now doing some science courses to qualify as an applicant

Will it be looked down upon at mcgill or any other school if i choose to do these courses at a cegep? Mostly its more convenient in terms of timing and proximity to home to take them at one of the colleges They are considered equivalent but I don't know.

Any thoughts?

• 3 months later...
So, I have a degree and am now doing some science courses to qualify as an applicant

Will it be looked down upon at mcgill or any other school if i choose to do these courses at a cegep? Mostly its more convenient in terms of timing and proximity to home to take them at one of the colleges They are considered equivalent but I don't know.

Any thoughts?

Don't worry, the way you'll have done your science courses won't be considered, as long as you have the requirred amount of credits from university.

Any thoughts?

Taking them at university will harm your CRU at UdeM.

Taking them at university will harm your CRU at UdeM.

Depending on what grades you get. If you get high enough marks, your CRU will remain just fine as those credits are added on top of the degree credits so they don't count for 100%. There are weaker students for sure in those classes, but also many very strong students that come from other fields and need to do (or redo like I did) the prereqs. I'd say in my classes, there were at least 10 in each that had between 95 and 100. And also depending on when you take them. Classes taken in the winter of the year you apply don't count in your transcript.

Depending on what grades you get. If you get high enough marks, your CRU will remain just fine as those credits are added on top of the degree credits so they don't count for 100%. There are weaker students for sure in those classes, but also many very strong students that come from other fields and need to do (or redo like I did) the prereqs. I'd say in my classes, there were at least 10 in each that had between 95 and 100. And also depending on when you take them. Classes taken in the winter of the year you apply don't count in your transcript.

Ok. Thanks. Maybe I should consider retaking some science courses, it could help me for McGill and maybe Sherbrooke.

Archived