Premed 101 Forums

4th semester rscore?

It still does, if you are normally a 90 student and all of a sudden start getting 65s, you might be asked to explain. This is what McGill sent us. However, "it is not in the interest of the admissions committee to refuse people [they] already accepted". Again, this was clarified for a year in the past - things do change from year to year.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like I'm in this boat... I'm playing it conservative and going to assume I get a 70 on the final in Organic II, giving me a 75%... :( My complementary I got 90's, humanities I predict high 80's, English I predict mid 80's, linear high 80's, and E&M probably mid 80's. Am I at risk? :S When applying I had a low 90 average...

I feel like I'm in this boat... I'm playing it conservative and going to assume I get a 70 on the final in Organic II, giving me a 75%... :( My complementary I got 90's, humanities I predict high 80's, English I predict mid 80's, linear high 80's, and E&M probably mid 80's. Am I at risk? :S When applying I had a low 90 average...

No don't worry. My 4th semester grades dropped by like 10% - its normal to drop a bit given all the interviews and applications 4th semester.

hmm yeah I'm in deeper waters than you IamDisappoint. My marks dropped significantly over this semester (tho I'm still above avg). I wonder, will they revoke your acceptance on the basis of your academic decline? I'm not gonna fail anything for sure, but my r-score is gonna drop.

As I am aware, McGill asks you to write a letter explaining why your scores drop right?

Never heard about the letter but I'm sure you'll have a chance to explain yourself in the extremely rare event that your R-Score drops. Keep in mind that you already have 3 semesters of R-Score in so it would be extremely hard to lower it drastically.

Archived