Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist movement

When I was accepted to the E07 class (off the waitlist) I found out a lot more information from premed101 than anywhere else.

Please be kind and share information you have with respect to waitlist movement (for example, if you are #12 and dropping off the list...let people know don't just LURK!!) I knew I was next based on information from this site :)

NOSM sent us "weekly" (they didn't come every week) e-mails with updates and they also shared which numbers dropped off the waitlist. Most of the movement happened right after the first deadline for acceptances of offers. Then a small surge after the provisional acceptances had to be firmed up (but I heard there are no longer provisional acceptances). After that, the movement happened 1 at a time at a tortuously slow pace. One student in my class got in the Friday before Orientation week started.

Share waitlist movement here and keep thinking positive!

Good Luck!

________

Curvy Webcam

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*HopefulMD:

Congrats on getting your first choice and thanks so much for your post! I don't even know you, but I love you already! #4 on the waiting list accepted on Wednesday and #5 accepted elsewhere. I am #7 on the list, so I'm just waiting on you to decline and #6 (whoever that may be)! Things are getting exciting!

I got a call/email from Ottawa on Friday, so it looks like I might be moving off their waitlist. I wasn't able to speak to them though, so I'm not 100% sure! I got called at 3, but received message at 5, so I need to wait out the weekend before finding out on Monday if it's an acceptance. If that is the case, I will be accepting Ottawa, so I'll be opening up another spot in the class!

I like many aspects of NOSM and I love the North, but Ottawa's curriculum design appeals to me more strongly. It's a tough call! I'll definitely be doing my rural rotations and some electives through the NOSM network.

Ottawa was my first choice.

Congrats to lms09! Hopefully it is not premature (I'm not even 100% sure if accepted yet!) Will let you know on Monday.

Accepted to the East Campus off the waiting list from the #7 spot! I actually received the offer via email on Saturday morning around 10am. Thanks for all the positive vibes...good luck to those remaining on the wait list!

Accepted to the East Campus off the waiting list from the #7 spot! I actually received the offer via email on Saturday morning around 10am. Thanks for all the positive vibes...good luck to those remaining on the wait list!

Congrats lms09 !! I'm in the teens on the waiting list so please keep your fingers crossed for me :confused:

The teens on the waiting list are promising! I remember seeing a post somewhere on here indicating the last number off the waiting list that got accepted each year (I tried looking for it recently but can't remember which thread it was under!) If I recall correctly the lowest they ever accepted was #17. Best of luck and I hope to meet you in the fall at NOSM!:)

The teens on the waiting list are promising! I remember seeing a post somewhere on here indicating the last number off the waiting list that got accepted each year (I tried looking for it recently but can't remember which thread it was under!) If I recall correctly the lowest they ever accepted was #17. Best of luck and I hope to meet you in the fall at NOSM!:)

Yep that was last year (I think my post got deleted from the other thread). The waitlist moved through the first 13 people in the first 2 weeks (so #14 became #1) and then after that, it moved up to #17 in the next week.

Officially accepted as of last night (offered yesterday morning)

#15 on the waiting list ... now to get the supplementary information in.

Good luck to the remaining waitlisters !

YEEEH micKster....congratz to you!...9 more to go to # 24...it's gonna happen;)

Great time for a first post!

#18 on the list, received offer of acceptance this morning and will be accepting tonight to Sudbury campus! Will want to try and go to Thunder Bay campus, family there! But still pumped to be in NOSM!!!

Good luck to all those waiting and thanks to all those who posted!!!

Please, dear god, move this list 3 more spots

Chuck and Coco: I have my fingers and toes crossed for you!! Hopefully, there are still some undecided that are waiting until the deadline tomorrow to make up their minds and that will free up some more spots for the two of you! Keep up posted!

Archived