Premed 101 Forums

April MCAT

Guest cali

I was wondering for those who wrote the April MCAT, how much prep did you put in. Also, did you feel prepared since there was so much going on at the same time such as final exams.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest brandonite

I wrote both April and August last year. I was taking an overload in the term before the April test, and I was also working 20 hours a week as a TA. That meant I had almost no time to study - I think I studied the day before, and that was about it. I did decent, but not great (32P) - met the requirements for Queens, but not Western, I think.

So, I took a month off work in July/August, and did nothing but MCAT studying. Did a ton of practice questions. My score went up to a 38-40Q.

I think that if you can afford to take the time off work in the summer, I would really strongly recommend the August test. The April MCAT came two days after my last exam, and I didn't get a chance to study.

Wow brandonite,

Those are pretty amazing scores. Especialiy your April scores considering that you didn't study very much. My I ask you if you have a strong background when it comes to the MCAT material? I think I've decided to write the April MCAT even though I won't have much time to prepare. I'm just afraid that I will do REALLY bad. If I don't do so well, I will just re-write. Are there any disadvantage to re-write when it comes to schools looking at your record? Beside the obvious of extra $ and extra time?

Thanks brandonite!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived