Premed 101 Forums

McGill Residences

Hey everyone!

I was wondering which on-campus residences would be most convenient for a McGill Med-P (and eventually Med) student? Where do most Med-P classes take place?

I've also noticed that residence fees are pretty steep! Does the quality of the rooms justify the cost? What do you think of the Mandatory Residential Meal Plans?

If you're a current student or if you have any information, I'd really like to hear what you know about living on campus! Thanks a million :)

Hey,

I avoided residence in my Med-P year - you sure are right the fees are a bit :eek:

However, its a great place to meet friends and networks to help you get settled in for your first year. Off campus rent in the McGill Ghetto is generally 500-600$ per person. If you're concidering off campus, I suggest you find a roomie and get an apartment to split as this can cut down on the rent. Please view the "Housing in Montreal" thread - it offers some good suggestions. For your Med-P year, I suggest the McGill Ghetto or the border between the Ghetto and the Plateau (cheaper rent here).

Congratulations on your acceptance!!

Archived