Premed 101 Forums

Typical Day

Minion

Hmm I haven't really been full-time university in a couple of years. When I was doing my undergrad, typical day was swimming from 5:30-7:30, then classes between 9 and 3 (4-5 courses a semester), then swimming from 4:30-6:30pm. Then I'd go home, watch some tv while having dinner, and sometimes read a bit in my textbooks if needed or study a little. I've never really spent hours studying except for some particular classes but it works for me. I kinda stay relatively up to date as it goes along. Should be similar in the fall when I start premed, except no more than 6 swimming sessions a week and some running/weights.

Typical university day (last semester)

M, W, F:

School, assignments, labs, lectures, marking

T:

work and assignments

R:

work, late labs until like 9:30PM

Sat and Sunday

Work/mark if I have to. Catch up on assignments. And, if there's free time, chill out :) and hang out with friends.

Volunteer work is scattered in there depending on what I have scheduled, usually like 4-5 hrs here and there. And various clubs as well. Oh, and cleaning my house and all of that other fun stuff.

what about yours, minion?

I procrastinate at least a good 1-2 hrs a day during the school year, even during exam cram periods =/. I recall one terrible night before a full year cumulative exam staying up to 4am trolling these forums.

I've always been lucky enough to achieve my desired mark though.

I should be studying for my mcats, but it's almost bed time and i still have to eat. DAMN YOU PROCRASTINATION YOU WIN THIS ROUND.

Not in uni yet, but my typical day looks like this:

Eat > School > work out > Hang out with friends > Eat > Procrastinate/sleep > Martial art class > Eat some more > Sleep

I mostly try to catch up on homework and assignments during weekends.

I wonder how many dreams of premed keeners were destroyed due to procrastination :P

Wake up, fall out of my bed, drag a comb across my head. Find my way downstairs and drink a cup, and looking up, notice I am late. Find my coat and grab my hat, make the bus in seconds flat. Find my way upstairs and have a smoke.

Huh. Until the smoke that is strangely close to accurate to my morning routing when I was in college. Oh, beatles.

Get out of bed. Swear profusely. Put on coffee, shower/brush teeth/shave. Print off notes for the day. Go to lectures/labs. Eat lunch, wake up. Go to lectures/labs. Study/play video games/hang out. Back to bed.

Oh, and my hospital volunteering shifts here and there.

1)wake up

2)go back to sleep

3)shower and clean up

4)drive to second for my crack-esspresso (i've been late to meet very important people because i think it's more important to have my crack-presso and be coherent than seeming like an idiot, lol)

5)something new an completely random every day, just ride the waves

6)watch a documentary or read something unrelated to med for an hour, go to bed

Today I woke up, then fell out of bed.

Dragged a comb across my head.

Found my way downstairs and drank a cup

And looking up, I noticed I was late.

I found my coat and grabbed my hat.

Then I made the bus in seconds flat.

Found my way upstairs and had a smoke.

And somebody spoke, and I realized that this was actually a Beatles song. Oops.

The school year gives me so much structure, it is great.

During the semester what my day looks like really depends on what day of the week it is. Every day starts with taking the dogs out and walking to school...

M- school all day (no breaks), study after, run

T- class half day, study after, run, see friends in evening

W- class till 9, run, sleep!

T- class half day, volunteer

F-class half day, study, run

S- work all day

S- run, laundry, friends

Now that the semester is out, I have a lot of commitments that I am trying to juggle and it is tough! I shadow a physician, volunteer, research, work (more than during the semester) and want to spend more time with friends and am studying for the MCAT. My life seems a lot less structured and it is making me crazy!

Seven a.m., waking up in the morning

Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs

Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal

Seein' everything, the time is goin'

Tickin' on and on, everybody's rushin'

Gotta get down to the bus stop

Gotta catch my bus, I see my friends (My friends)

True story

Seven a.m., waking up in the morning

Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs

Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal

Seein' everything, the time is goin'

Tickin' on and on, everybody's rushin'

Gotta get down to the bus stop

Gotta catch my bus, I see my friends (My friends)

True story

Are you Rebecca Black?

It seems like thesis students live on the lab :P

Archived