Premed 101 Forums

Does Mcgill admit in January?

Hi there, I'm currently at Dawson College in Explorations Science (which basically means I'm behind by a couple classes because I did my science pre-requisites at Dawson).

Because of this, I've got to take an extra semester at Dawson (I could make the classes up over the summer but decided not to for various reasons...).

My question is, since i'm taking an extra semester, i'll be graduating Dawson in the fall semester, so I was wondering if anybody knew if Mcgill (or Concordia for that matter) accepts students in the Winter semester? I've already looked at the Mcgill website and I'm not satisfied with the answer i got (or lack thereof :rolleyes: )

So, if anyone who has applied to a B.Sc. at Mcgill or Concordia for the Winter semester would be able to help me it would be much appreciated :)

I think you can apply to some programs in the winter at McGill, but not all. I know most engineering programs only accept in the fall. I think some of the BSc programs do though. I'm guessing you've seen the webpage already, but on their site it says to check back in the Fall 2011 to see which programs are open. I think if possible application deadline would be around Oct-Nov.

If you have your eye on med school, I would think you are better off waiting for commencing in the fall. Med schools want to see that you are capable of handling a full course load during the normal academic year. You would be creating two half academic years for yourself, so be careful in making your final decision.

• 1 month later...

Archived