Premed 101 Forums

Anyone applying to Howard University?

Hi folks. I'm considering applying to Howard University and I just wanted to seek others who might also be considering Howard. I've done some research looking on predent (http://www.predents.com/?page=school) and Howard U website (http://www.dentistry.howard.edu/admissions.htm).

But I'm interested in any thoughts you folks might have about Howard. I especially welcome input from those who are attending Howard or know someone attending.

Cheers & Thanks :)

I'm brown... Does that help???hahaha :D

Seriously though, Howard is the only private American University I'm going to apply to because it's the only one that doesn't have over $60,000 per year tuition. My GPA is hard to calculate and is low but my DAT is very high. And since American schools focus a lot on DAT I'm going to try applying to Howard.

I'm brown... Does that help???hahaha :D

Seriously though, Howard is the only private American University I'm going to apply to because it's the only one that doesn't have over $60,000 per year tuition. My GPA is hard to calculate and is low but my DAT is very high. And since American schools focus a lot on DAT I'm going to try applying to Howard.

haha maybe you'll pass as "half/half" =P

I haven't attended or applied to Howard but from what I have gathered it seems that they give preference to minorities (with less than average GPA) but I think this advantage is given to American citizens. I don't think it applies to International/Canadian students but to be 100% sure you should call the school.

Don't waste your money if you are not Black or Spanish or from an under represented minority. This is school that is targeted for this class of society and its goal is to being people from this portion of society a chance to get education in a dental medicine.

I looked into it last year when I was applying to US and talked to their admission contact.

Hey Xman, would you be able to give me the the name or email of the admission contact at Howard U? I've looked all over their website and I can't find an email address.

Actually if anyone is able to provide me with contact info for the Dental Admission Office at Howard U, I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks,

C.

Hey Xman, would you be able to give me the the name or email of the admission contact at Howard U? I've looked all over their website and I can't find an email address.

Actually if anyone is able to provide me with contact info for the Dental Admission Office at Howard U, I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks,

C.

I din't have an email and I just called them up. There is a phone number on their website or I might have got it from SDN. Keep in mind, it is quite difficult to get a hold of them and you should call few times but they are quite friendly on the phone.

The College of Dentistry at Howard University was established in 1881. It is the fifth oldest dental school in the United States. As a teaching and patient care institution, the College has trained thousands of highly skilled dental professionals to serve their communities, particularly the under served. Its a great choice :)

Archived