Premed 101 Forums

verbal reasoning scoring?

This is true - and also it's against the pool you're writing against, so there's a miniscule fraction of luck that can give/break 1 point or another.

Yep, but it is very miniscule. There are thousands of people writing in that pool so any variance is pretty dissipated.

They have a pre-set score conversion for each test, so there is some variability between tests. For all the AAMC practice tests, they say what raw score converts to what scaled score.

AAMC comes up with the scale conversion based upon the results that are received when the test questions are 'pre-tested' as non-scoring questions from previous MCATs.

But yes, low 30's is usually around a 10.

They have a pre-set score conversion for each test, so there is some variability between tests. For all the AAMC practice tests, they say what raw score converts to what scaled score.

AAMC comes up with the scale conversion based upon the results that are received when the test questions are 'pre-tested' as non-scoring questions from previous MCATs.

But yes, low 30's is usually around a 10.

I believe I'm going to start crying soon LOL

No crying macbook. MCAT is our friend. MCAT + Asta = BFF. ;)

We're at a difficult point in our marriage where sometimes, we just don't know what to expect from each other. I mean she wants this, I give that...and she says it's not enough. Then I get angry and I don't want to talk to her, and she ignores me.

We still love each other but it's a hard relationship.

I hear you. I have the feeling that this might be a highly passionate, all consuming, but short lived relationship. MCAT is a very demanding friend.

An aside.... my friend (who isn't premed and never even heard of the MCAT before I mentioned it) has a cat with an M on his head. The kitten was named "M CAT". This cat is my nemesis.

Archived