Premed 101 Forums

Help! Do any American schools not have rolling admissions?

I'm new to this forum and was looking for some guidance. My MCAT scores will not be released until mid september. My understanding is that this is too late to have any chance of successfully applying.

My question is whether any schools do not have rolling admissions policies?

I have a 3.9 GPA (OSMAS), as well as strong extra-curriculars and references. Would I better suited to wait untill the next application cycle?

Thanks!

I'm new to this forum and was looking for some guidance. My MCAT scores will not be released until mid september. My understanding is that this is too late to have any chance of successfully applying.

My question is whether any schools do not have rolling admissions policies?

I have a 3.9 GPA (OSMAS), as well as strong extra-curriculars and references. Would I better suited to wait untill the next application cycle?

Thanks!

Off the top of my head:

Harvard

Yale

Columbia

Penn

Cornell

Duke

and maybe a couple of others... so if your ECs are strong and you get >35 on your MCAT you could definitely try those. Some of them also treat Canadians the same as domestic applicants. But yes, you'd be putting yourself at a huge disadvantage by applying that late as an international applicant.

Not completely sure how amcas works with pending mcat scores but the amcas verification process takes about 1 month so you'd better have your app complete, your school documentations all submit prior and have your finger on your mouse button ready to press as soon as your mcat score is released.

Dartmouth is also kind-of non-rolling. They do accept, waitlist, and reject throughout the cycle but the majority of decisions aren't released until April.

I applied to two non-rolling schools this year and I wasn't complete until late November at both schools. I received interviews and acceptances at both. Applying late won't kill your application, especially at the schools listed in this thread. September isn't too bad- just make sure that you have finished everything else on your AMCAS so that once your MCAT scores come in nothing else delays your application.

I would also recommend going to SDN, and looking at the school specific threads- they usually contain the prompts for each school's secondary application. Fill out these prompts while you are waiting for your MCAT scores to come in/for your primary application to become complete- this way as soon as you receive a request to fill out a secondary application you can submit it right then, and prevent any other delays to your application. Doing this may even mitigate the original lateness of your secondary application.

Hi Solitaire,

which 2 schools were you talking about in the previous post if you do not mind me asking. I am really tempted to apply to them now. I am worried that my school selection is all wrong....

Dartmouth is also kind-of non-rolling. They do accept, waitlist, and reject throughout the cycle but the majority of decisions aren't released until April.

I applied to two non-rolling schools this year and I wasn't complete until late November at both schools. I received interviews and acceptances at both. Applying late won't kill your application, especially at the schools listed in this thread. September isn't too bad- just make sure that you have finished everything else on your AMCAS so that once your MCAT scores come in nothing else delays your application.

I would also recommend going to SDN, and looking at the school specific threads- they usually contain the prompts for each school's secondary application. Fill out these prompts while you are waiting for your MCAT scores to come in/for your primary application to become complete- this way as soon as you receive a request to fill out a secondary application you can submit it right then, and prevent any other delays to your application. Doing this may even mitigate the original lateness of your secondary application.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived