Premed 101 Forums

Paying deposit + tuition

Hi, i understand that we need to set up online banking to pay for the deposit and that our student number is the account number. However, the student number we received in the earlier mailed letter re SOLUS is 8-digit while the account number is 7. Do we just drop the first digit (1 in my case)?

Another thing, Queen's tuition is around $20000 per year, which is about $4000 more than some of the other schools like UBC (does not include supplies/text cost). Anybody know if this $20000/year includes supplies/books cost?

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing you in Sept :D

For my bank (BMO), I used the whole 8-digit number to pay the deposit, which on SOLUS shows as paid.

Also, difference in tuition does not mean books and supplies are covered. My guess is Ontario government chooses to subsidize tuition less than BC.

Orca is correct, your student number is 8 digits. There may be a little confusion all around due to the fact that student numbers used to be 7 digits (they changed to 8 digits in January with the launch of SOLUS).

So whenever you see a reference to a 7 digit student number, it just hasn't been updated yet - everything runs on 8.

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to have misplaced my SOLUS letter and can't remember what my student number is.

Could someone who still has their letter confirm that the number in their letter is the same as the ID# in their 'Student Center' once they log onto SOLUS (under Personal information - demographic data)?

I'm trying to set up my bank account so I can pay the $1050 deposit.

Thanks guys

I seem to have misplaced my SOLUS letter and can't remember what my student number is.

Could someone who still has their letter confirm that the number in their letter is the same as the ID# in their 'Student Center' once they log onto SOLUS (under Personal information - demographic data)?

Thanks guys

If you are referring to the ID field under the demographic information pulldown menu, then yes, that should be it. It should be an 8 digit number that begins with 0.

Also congrats human_bean :)

There are many steps to complete this process for students, ideally freshman and transfer students. The first set of steps you will set up a direct deposit account so if the University owes you money for any reason they can reimburse the student. The next set of steps includes how to pay your tuition bill.

If you are referring to the ID field under the demographic information pulldown menu, then yes, that should be it. It should be an 8 digit number that begins with 0.

Agreed that it's the number in the ID field under demographic info, but mine starts with a 1. Still 8 digits though.

Agreed that it's the number in the ID field under demographic info, but mine starts with a 1. Still 8 digits though.

Yea mine also starts with a 1 so I was a little worried still

but thanks guys for clearing that up for me

see you in the fall

Yea mine also starts with a 1 so I was a little worried still

but thanks guys for clearing that up for me

see you in the fall

Whoa - they broke the numbering pattern. Sorry I'm a past Queen's student too so I have an older number. They used to number them sequentially (they were at 06xxxxxx), so guess they just jumped a bunch.

Thanks guys

HB, you are officially my twin! First it was the two waitlist acceptances and now losing the letter. For some reason though, I couldn't find my number under the Demographics section (I must be absolutely blind) so I had to go check through my browsers saved passwords hoping I could find it there /facepalm/

Archived