Premed 101 Forums

MCAT SCORES AND INFO...

Guest gleka

Guest gleka

I recently started considering going into medical school but I have no clue where to start or how the scores work...what is the highest or what is a good grade? any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!!!

Guest Ian Wong

A good numerical background that would let you apply to all the medical schools in Canada, as far as I know, would be:

1) A GPA of between 80%-90% for all of your courses taken in your undergraduate time, for all the years you've been in undergraduate.

2) An MCAT score with the following scores in each section:

Verbal Reasoning: 10

Physical Sciences: 10

Biological Sciences: 10

Written Sample: Q

The maximum score for VR, PS, and BS is 15, and the maximum letter grade for WS is T.

A good place to start is to check out the website of each medical school you might be interested in applying to. Those websites can be found by clicking at the top of each medical school forum on this bulletin board. Go and read about their requirements (each school is a little different), which will include cut-off scores for the GPA and MCAT, and will also very likely have pre-requisite courses that you must have taken before you can apply. If you turn up more questions, that's what we're here for.

Good luck!

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Archived