Premed 101 Forums

Interviews complete!

Guest NurseNanny

Guest NurseNanny

Since we will be required to 'rate' ourselves when we get in :)

How does everyone think they did? Did anyone find the stations stressful/difficult?

Overall I think I did OK, but not fantastic...I thought of a lot of stuff afterward that I could have said, but thats to be expected I suppose...

Anyone else have a take on how they 'performed' for lack of a better word.

NN

ps this is cool ;)

[link=http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5540839/ newwindow]HogZilla!!![/link]

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5540839/

Guest chenzy

Hi there,

Overall, I thought the intereviews were OK. The more I think about it though, the more paranoid I get. I liked the stations format but found some of the interviewers to be stressful.

I thought that everyone there was extremely qualified and deserving of a spot.

Guest opiedog

I agree with Chenzy, everyone seemed deserving of a spot. What was most stressful was realizing that only a few people at each half day session would have the chance to attend school.

As far as the interviews go, it's very easy to thrash it all to death and find lots of things you wish you had of said but can do nothing about now. I think we will all do that no matter how secure we might be! Personally, I feel like I went in to babble mode and probably confused the heck out of the interviewers when trying to make my points.

So, what did I learn from it all? 2 minutes can feel like forever, and 8 minutes goes by quickly!

Guest kingrad

Yup...I felt like I did well....but not superb. So even though I came out of it relatively happy...its so hard to say because you are rated compared to everyone else I suppose. Which is intimidating given all the highly qualified and deserving people I met.

Definitely prefer the MMI process though....time sure does fly. I finished the last station without even knowing it was the last station. You just get on a roll and before you know it...its done! And then the relief...wow...what a feeling!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jimmery

So now we wait until the end of May, when invites will be sent out (http://www.normed.ca/media_room/...4_en.htm). I'm wondering what other hopeful applicants in my position (finishing their study program this spring) will be doing in the meantime, in case they don't receive the offer of admission... Get ready to apply again next year? Look for a job? Apply to a different university program (if not done already)? I mean, if you really want to study medicine, it would be hard to begin the process of beginning/training/studying for a career that is your "second choice."

Guest kingrad

So true Jimmery....I'm off to Nipissing for education if I dont get in this year...but it just wont be as thrilling as if I got accepted into medicine. Although teaching is also rewarding, my passion for medicine is gonna lead me to try and try again. But you must have a plan b....as meds has become increasingly competitive. So....thats the plan if things dont work out fo me this year.

Guest opiedog

I'll continue on in the role that I have now (Nurse Practitioner). Its a great career, but I am frustrated with its inherent limitations.

Guest NurseNathalie

Well.. if I don't get in..

I'm shaving my head bald, wrapping myself with a bright orange sheet and spending the rest of my life at the Sudbury airport terminal...

everyone LOVES music and flowers...and I'll get to meet ALL KINDS of interesting people !

:rollin

Archived