Premed 101 Forums

Jefferson Letters of Recommendation

According to the website:

We prefer to receive a recommendation from a preprofessional committee. If there is no such committee, letters should be provided by individual faculty members (one letter each from Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Humanities, if possible).

Do people actually get letters from bio, chem, physics, and humanities professors? At my school, those classes, chem and physics especially, are huge and I have never had a one-on-one conversation with professors. Should I not apply to Jefferson if I can't get letters from all the faculty members they want?

Appreciate any advice!

Guest copacetic

i never used any letters form undegrad profs. all my letters were from MDs (with faculty appointments) or volunteer coordinators

Really? So even though the website says "2 science, 1 non-science instructors" for other schools in the states, any 3 reference letters would suffice? Would research supervisors or project course supervisors considered fine?

Thanks again for anyone's help! I am seriously thinking if I should not apply because of all this! :(

Really? So even though the website says "2 science, 1 non-science instructors" for other schools in the states, any 3 reference letters would suffice? Would research supervisors or project course supervisors considered fine?

Thanks again for anyone's help! I am seriously thinking if I should not apply because of all this! :(

The idea is to EMAIL Jefferson and explain your situation and very carefully detail what will be sent instead. They will then send you an email to confirm or deny your request.

Archived