Premed 101 Forums

How low will the go... MCAT

Guest stephbw

Guest stephbw

My MCAT score was not fabulous and I am wondering how low do you think they will go with MCATs. Does anyone have any friends (or have you yourself) been accepted with a lower score?

Guest climberchick

I know someone who got in with a 21, and i know people who know people who have gotten in with 19... so, if the rest of your application is steller... they go pretty low.

A friend of mine got a 24 and the admissions officer advised her not to re-take... and I know of people every year who get in with that score.

~climber

Guest geekpunk

A friend of mine at Dalhousie just interviewed at MUN this past weekend. She only has an MCAT score of 23. Granted, she's a New Brunswick applicant, but I don't think that makes much of a difference. I guess MUN takes everything into consideration.

I'm still crossing my fingers for an OOP invite! My MCAT is good (33) but when I converted my GPA (from Dal's 4.3 scale) to MUN's percentage on the application it only came out to 83% :| Oh well, I'm glad they at least take a holistic look at an application before deciding for an interview (unlike Queen's & Western!). >:

Guest clinicalchief

Its really hard to say without knowing your score and other aspects of your application.

MUN doesn't have an MCAT cutoff. Therefore, a wide variety of scores are accepted. Everyone is considered by the committee on an individual basis, so all aspects are considered when final decisions are being made. In the end, there is no score that you can say is really unacceptable...it all depends on the big picture.

Good luck,

cc

Archived