Premed 101 Forums

When should we apply to Caribb'n medschools? (What months?;I heard some weird things)

I'm entering my 4th year of undergrad this september and I'm seriously considering caribbean medschools because my GPA is just too low.

I was stressing about getting my application done this summer and sending it in.

However, people are telling me that you can apply literally the summer right before you want to start at a carib medschool and guarantee to get in.

Many people say that it's nearly impossible to get a rejection from a caribbean medschool regardless of when you apply.

Anyone with any experience in applications or in attendance at a carib medschool wanna give some advice? I'm a bit confused.

Thanks guys.

ps. my gpa is really low because of personal problems in early undergrad (around a 2.9), and I'm writing my mcat this september (i think i'll do pretty well on it)

Caribbean schools are on rolling admissions like US schools. For example, SGU, the most reputable Caribbean school, has a deadline of June 15th for August matriculation and November 15 for January matriculation. For other schools, you need to do research on their websites.

Archived