Premed 101 Forums

Interviews

Guest noncestvrai

Guest noncestvrai

Can somebody give me some feedback on their experience, how the interview is conducted and types of questions at McGill med?

noncestvrai

Guest medicator007

NCV,

Congratulations of your interview, that certainly makes for one heck of a stressful story. Government is planning on increasing the spots in med, excellent.. course that raises the question of where they are gonna put the people; the histology lab is jam packed and in anatomy the cadavers are literally packed solid... not to mention that the "small" groups are getting less and less "small" and the lack of available teachers doesn't help that matter... but i digress.

The interview is basically 2 x 30 minutes one on one with your interviewer. The interviewers may be clinicians, researchers, nurses, community members or medical students... but if i recall you are guaranteed at least one clinician. The ONLY thing that they know about you is what you wrote in your autobiographical letter. They are given the letters ahead of time and in my case had read them quite thoroughly and had even made notes with regards to questions they wanted to ask. So the BEST advice i can give with regards to preparation is... KNOW YOUR LETTER :)

Apart from that it is a fairly relaxed environment, nobody is out to get anyone, they really are just trying to get to know you better. Be yourself and GOOD LUCK!

Medicator

Guest dandalex

That is exactly it.

As proper Med student style, focus on the bold.[/b]

My interviews were exactly like that, really laid back and cool.

30 minutes and annoted essays.

I knew my letter and its associated stories by heart so things flowed pretty well.

McGill interviewers seem to have elimated all variance in the process!

Good luck!

AlexH

Guest noncestvrai

Thank you for the tips! I will review my letter. The lady told me that two doctors will interview me, one at 9AM and the other at 1:30PM

So tomorrow, it's showtime.

noncestvrai

Guest noncestvrai

Thanks for the tips and encouragements.

The interview was quite nice, nothing really unexpected or I dealt with the questions pretty well. No lunch provided though...

Thay just wanted to know me better, they actually stated that, one of them said McGill offers good opportuninties to be a clinician-scientist...good for me!

Hopefully I will score high enough to get a chance for a spot in the class...they said in two weeks for the rankings.

noncestvrai

Guest cutieyellow

Shark, read the "Came from the dead" thread. You'll understand.

Yayyy NCV! :) Seems as though you're in an eternal waiting game.

CY

Guest noncestvrai

Yeah, waiting is so fun.

SC, I might be in your class this august...we'll see!

Then again I might not, it's really up in the air.

noncestvrai

• 2 years later...

Archived