Premed 101 Forums

Casey Anthony

hking03

I was so shocked when I saw she was aquitted. The tattoo was a dead give away in my mind... who get's "It's a beautiful life" tattooed on your body after your child "accidentally drowned"

Such BS

she'll probably say that the tattoo is in honor of her daughter's "beautiful life"....

Honestly, I was stunned that they did not charge her with some sort of penalty for failing to report her child as missing at any point during those 31 days. Even if they couldn't prove murder beyond a reasonable doubt, it was clear that she appeared to have total disregard for the life of her child. Really I see no excuse in failing to report your own child as missing for that period of time.

That's where Caylee's Law comes in now. I really hope it gets passed. There's a link below that just shows how many americans have already signed the petition (375,704) and a brief overview of what the law entails:

http://www.change.org/petitions/create-caylees-law#comments

Too bad I can't vote for it :) Would if I could.

I think prosecutor Jeff Ashton has it right. Instead of negativity, which would lead to nowhere, something positive needs to come of this.

Does anyone know if there are any laws like this in Canada?

Archived