Premed 101 Forums

Step 1- Additional Information

What do you guys think would be examples of 'other factors, special circumstances or academic considerations you wish to have taken into consideration'? This is a question in Step 1 of the application?

Ie. should we write things such as family member ill, worked during school, took more than 5 classes in one semester, etc?

Or, should it only be left to things more dramatic than that? Ie. Applicant who has own personal illness?

What do you guys think would be examples of 'other factors, special circumstances or academic considerations you wish to have taken into consideration'? This is a question in Step 1 of the application?

Ie. should we write things such as family member ill, worked during school, took more than 5 classes in one semester, etc?

Or, should it only be left to things more dramatic than that? Ie. Applicant who has own personal illness?

I put in mine last year that I only took 9 classes each year for those being used in my GPA calculation due to transfer credits (thus not needing a full 10 courses per year). They'll know if you worked during school from your work history that you fill out. I'm not sure about personal or family illness. I would only put in things that would explain unusual circumstances (eg. a leave of absence from school, less than full course load, etc...) but I would call or email the admissions office if you're unsure.

Does the "other factors, special circumstances etc." question also show up in Step 2 of the application process (for anyone who has moved on to that step)? The supplemental information sheet they post online includes it as looking like it does. I'm just wondering because I have to write something down for that part, but I felt like it was better suited to go in part 2, although it doesn't really matter I guess... Does anyone know it is also requested in Step 2?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone still doing step 1, could someone please copy and paste the "Option C" GPA calculation wording for me? I submitted my application and cannot see it any longer. I know on their website it says masters and "best two years of undergrad", but now I'm not sure if it actually said "best" in the form online or "last", since a couple things seem to be different on the website. Thanks, I'd really appreciate the information. :)

Archived