Premed 101 Forums

Birthday gift? Need suggestions

MedPen

Hey everyone,

It's my best friend's birthday next week and I need to buy her a gift. The problem is that I am horrible at buying gifts and I need some suggestions, please. What was a great gift that someone has given you and that you really liked?

Btw, I would be comfortable spending up to 300$ and I don't want to get hera gift certificate (too impersonal since we are really close).

Please help. I am really horrible at gift giving. It's like I lack that gene or something :P

Hey everyone,

It's my best friend's birthday next week and I need to buy her a gift. The problem is that I am horrible at buying gifts and I need some suggestions, please. What was a great gift that someone has given you and that you really liked?

Btw, I would be comfortable spending up to 300$ and I don't want to get hera gift certificate (too impersonal since we are really close).

Please help. I am really horrible at gift giving. It's like I lack that gene or something :P

With that price range, I'd say take her out to a concert :)

check out Markhed designs! this women makes some really awesome jewelery.

she'll also do custom orders if you want something specific. I usually find that buying jewelery for someone is tough but I find these particularly easy to choose from.

I just looked at Markhed designs and you are right: the jewelry is pretty cool but I think it's a bit too dark for my friend. It is perfect for another friend though so I solved a future problem ;)

Thanks, Sleepingsickness.

And Cerena, great idea but we went to a concert 2 years ago.

no worries! I find some of the work a bit dark, but there are some beautiful pieces with really nice stones for example: http://www.markheddesign.com/store/show/MK-FG10

I really wanted to buy this one for my girlfriend but it was slightly out of my price range at the time.

I definitely took full advantage of this site when it came to buying gifts this past year. I'm also terrible at coming up with gift ideas. Sorry I couldn't think of anything else.

You could book a spa day for her. I know I would absolutatley LOVE that. And with your price range you could probably get her a massage, mani/pedi, and even another treatment. Or maybe just a half spa day and then a really nice dinner out?

For me personally I love "experience gifts" rather than random things.

BUT! Tiffany's also has some great jewelry. My grandma got me the charm bracelet a few years ago and it's still in good condition.

You could book a spa day for her. I know I would absolutatley LOVE that. And with your price range you could probably get her a massage, mani/pedi, and even another treatment. Or maybe just a half spa day and then a really nice dinner out?

For me personally I love "experience gifts" rather than random things.

BUT! Tiffany's also has some great jewelry. My grandma got me the charm bracelet a few years ago and it's still in good condition.

I agree! This would be a great gift:D

it always depends on what kind of gal she is.

If she likes the jewelry, clothes, make up type stuff and labels (love friends who only like labels, make things so easy) then buy her the fancy stuff like tiffanys was mentioned.

If shes a little more outgoing, I would plan an entire day dedicated to fun for her (best bday gift ever) paintballing, rock climbing, go karting, concerts, ahh so many. with 300$ should be more than enough.

I am not very good at buying gifts... my Christmas gift to my piano teacher was was a 1kg tin of hot chocolate... (face palms!).. Anywhoooo.. with a 300$ budget, maybe a night on the town with dinner at a fancy restaurant followed by dessert.. you will also have enough money for a small gift. I would suggest something unique that you know she likes or wished she had.. You know her best so I would rely on your best judgment. She won't hate you if you get the wrong thing.. you guys are best friends! Just do your best.

Archived