Premed 101 Forums

MCAT used in application

Guest MDSMelissa

Guest MDSMelissa

Hi,

When I check my application status on Minerva, my MCAT results show that the date the test taken was 01-AUG-2002. I am not sure if this indicates the set of scores that will be considered for the application. I did write the MCAT in 2002, but I wrote it a second time in 2003 and improved my scores. I would like the 2003 scores to be considered for my application, not the 2002. I have released both sets of scores to McGill University through the MCAT score release system.

I emailed McGill 2 weeks ago and haven't gotten a response back. I know they are probably very busy, but what do you think? I really don't want them to consider my 2002 scores. Is this what they are considering if this is what Minerva says? Should I call them?

Thanks,

Melissa

Hi Melissa,

I think the '01-AUG-2002' means the date of your first MCAT, not necessarily the set of the scores that will be used for assessment purpose.

Maybe a moderator can elaborate more?

ec

Good question MDS Melissa.

I have the same "problem" but I assumed what ec416 said - that they will have both sets of scores.

It would be nice to have some confirmation though :\

Guest medicator007

Pardon my delay in replying to this thread... been a trifle busy as of late.

I can't comment on the Minerva system finding since it was sprung on the applicants after I was accepted.

However, with regards to the MCAT score report, my current understanding is that the AAMC sends scores from ALL MCAT sittings by a particular individual. So I believe that McGill should receive them both and will consider your best score.

That being said... i know that this answer isnt nearly solid enough to assuage the all too familiar applicant OCD nature.... so it might not be a bad idea to give the admissions folks a call, they are the best.

Cheers,

Medicator

• 2 years later...

Archived