Premed 101 Forums

No more available MCAT seats for ONTARIO and any alternative

bahar1

Hello

I had no idea all Ontario seats for MCAT get filled up so fast.

I plan to reserve a seat at Halifax or Calgary.

I hear some people keep extra reservation with other names in case they need to retake the exam and will drop their registration as the exam day approach.

Do you guys think if I keep checking I might be able to get a seat and change to toronto?

thanks

Hello

I had no idea all Ontario seats for MCAT get filled up so fast.

I plan to reserve a seat at Halifax or Calgary.

I hear some people keep extra reservation with other names in case they need to retake the exam and will drop their registration as the exam day approach.

Do you guys think if I keep checking I might be able to get a seat and change to toronto?

thanks

as another option you can check out the close US options (closer than Halifax or Calgary). Detroit and Buffalo have been done in the past.

and yeah they fill up so fast it is a bit crazy. Why they don't have more spots in general despite the demand is a bit confusing. Happens every year about this time there is a crunch.

My main concern is whether there will be seat to show available in last minutes.

Then it worth it for me to pay the fine and take those dropped seats.

Does it historically happen that seats get available as the exam date approaches?

My main concern is whether there will be seat to show available in last minutes.

Then it worth it for me to pay the fine and take those dropped seats.

Does it historically happen that seats get available as the exam date approaches?

I am also concerned about this too. I wish to take the test in september but the closest place I can find is halifax.

I found that some other test places becoming available after refreshing, but none of them were in toronto.:(

Sometimes more spaces are made available for September in early/mid august. That happened to me last year - I rescheduled my august date to sept, and was pleasantly surprised to see that more spots were available than when I initially signed up :)

Yeah it can happen! - you just have to prepare for the chances that they will not I guess. Mine also was rescheduled to my benefit at the last minute. I just don't trust them though that they are always going to do that :)

Archived