Premed 101 Forums

University of Manitoba

Does anyone have any details on the GPA acceptance range/know anyone who has been accepted?

I dislike how they do not "assess individual courses or specific application criteria over the phone, via email or in person".

I have a biochemistry, but it's a Kinesiology course code "human biochemistry" and don't know what they would accept.

Does anyone have any details on the GPA acceptance range/know anyone who has been accepted?

I dislike how they do not "assess individual courses or specific application criteria over the phone, via email or in person".

I have a biochemistry, but it's a Kinesiology course code "human biochemistry" and don't know what they would accept.

I was accepted and my biochemistry was also a non biochem course (it was a McMaster Health Science Biochem course). That said, I do not know if they would accept yours or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I applied two years ago to the PAEP, having a three year degree in biochem plus 2 years of the BN program and 7 years of education and clinical experience as a paramedic. I was accepted by the PAEP but the Faculty of Grad studies rejected me stating my degree was not equivalent to a 4 year... I did as they asked and was accepted the following year.. I agree it is frustrating to not be able to get answers in terms of specific "does this count" questions and you have to submit an application and go through all of the motions. Just thought I'd share my personal experience! Good luck in your applications!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

PAstudent & Medic,

I have tried to send you a PM but the system is still down. From this thread I speculate that both of you have or is attending the PA program at U of M. If possible would I be able to get your thoughts and oppinions on the program as well as what you did to prepare for the MMI, panel interview & essay. How many people were selected for an interview? It would be great if we can meet sometime.

Thanks!

PAstudent & Medic,

I have tried to send you a PM but the system is still down. From this thread I speculate that both of you have or is attending the PA program at U of M. If possible would I be able to get your thoughts and oppinions on the program as well as what you did to prepare for the MMI, panel interview & essay. How many people were selected for an interview? It would be great if we can meet sometime.

Thanks!

While I was accepted at Manitoba, I choose to attend the DeGroote School of Medicine PA Programme at McMaster instead. As for MMI prep, check-out the various MMI threads in the other forums. Good luck.

PAstudent

Thank you for the quick reply! I've been practicing med MMI questions and continuously researching everything on the PA profession. Do you have any insight about the panel interview and essay question? Was this also done for your interview at U of M? I understand if you can't disclose any details about the process. I am very anxious and any information would be helpful.

Thanks!

PAstudent

Thank you for the quick reply! I've been practicing med MMI questions and continuously researching everything on the PA profession. Do you have any insight about the panel interview and essay question? Was this also done for your interview at U of M? I understand if you can't disclose any details about the process. I am very anxious and any information would be helpful.

Thanks!

Yes, I had a panel interview at Manitoba. I don't remember any of the details or the essay questions though. Be yourself and be honest.

Archived