Premed 101 Forums

Ask a question for the person below you.

Cerena

hahaa yep you're definitely the funny one!

I was embarrassed. And yes it does.

What's so exciting about the 1000th post?

Lol I think jerkstore's gonna get all pissy now and try to outfunny me

Uhh I don't know.... it marks the beginning of a new era, it's like being a senior except it's glorious.

Can you imagine yourself not coming to this site anymore at some point in your life?

I'm more of a physical comic myself.

lol watch

o gusta and friends.

Awhhh seeee he even has a cute little nickname for you "Gusta" ....

cuteguy-meme.png

too adorable.

Can you imagine yourself not coming to this site anymore at some point in your life?

Yeah I can :-)

How many times a day do you come on P101?

Awhhh seeee he even has a cute little nickname for you "Gusta" ....

cuteguy-meme.png

too adorable.

Yeah I can :-)

How many times a day do you come on P101?

I'm gonna break your "awhhhh" box tonight.

replace "jack white" with jerkstore

Lol if the asymptote for how many time you could come here was at infinity I'd be right around there.

Uh do you think me and jerkstore hang out in real life? teheheh

ps. dear god my next will be my 1000th. You better make this one good amy

Lol if the asymptote for how many time you could come here was at infinity I'd be right around there.

Who's Amy? AWW IS IT YOUR NICKNAME FOR AMETHYST!??

If you feel a response to this is not worthy of your 1000th post I totally understand.

**** I need to find more pretentious music...is there a record player store around?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLxtOk5ojlI&feature=related

If you feel a response to this is not worthy of your 1000th post I totally understand.

**** I need to find more pretentious music...is there a record player store around?

Oh so wrong jerky, so very wrong.

So here it is, how anticlimactic.

Well I'm off to get hammered, peace people.

Oh right question,

If you could travel to any planet (and be fully immune to all the lethal things up in there) to look around which would you go to? doesn't have to be in this solar system.

Oh so wrong jerky, so very wrong.

So here it is, how anticlimactic.

Well I'm off to get hammered, peace people.

Oh right question,

If you could travel to any planet (and be fully immune to all the lethal things up in there) to look around which would you go to? doesn't have to be in this solar system.

Obviously Gliese-581.

Do you enjoy...a nice pair of slacks?

P.S. I hope you weren't going for "Ami" in that earlier post.

. . . awkward.

Classic though. Expressing jealously followed by a subtle need for reassurance . . .

Not really for the slacks question.

How much did it mean to you that MeGusta's 1000th post was in reply to yours Jerkstore?

. . . awkward.

Classic though. Expressing jealously followed by a subtle need for reassurance . . .

Not really for the slacks question.

How much did it mean to you that MeGusta's 1000th post was in reply to yours Jerkstore?

I'm writing a poem about it, that's how much.

Amethyst...amy...are you jealous of our little love affair? You seem to be taking a great interest in this...I wouldn't have brought it up but I vaguely recall you commenting on the matter a while back...seems like classic projection to me. You can have him if you want, I don't go for Persians.:)

I forgot to answer this question.

No I don't.

I'm writing a poem about it, that's how much.

What is your...favorite fast food burger...and also fries?

You should show me the end-product :D who knows, maybe I can give you some pointers on the proper formatting of a poem. I think a sonnet format would be more appropriate as opposed to a limerick . . .

Don't like any of the fast-food burgers.

I like McDonald's fries the best.

How often do you eat fast food?

I forgot to answer this question.

No I don't.

You should show me the end-product :D who knows, maybe I can give you some pointers on the proper formatting of a poem. I think a sonnet format would be more appropriate as opposed to a limerick . . .

Don't like any of the fast-food burgers.

I like McDonald's fries the best.

How often do you eat fast food?

Are you good with Engrish stuff?

I have a research essay due, and it's one of those more informative ones "what were the pros and cons of this_____" and I don't know how to make a thesis statement out of that. Does every essay need to have a thesis statement? Should my thesis statement be simply "In this essay I will discuss the pros and cons of _____"?

*sighhhhh*

Jealously . . .

2nd stage: interrogate the person "seemingly" "trying" to *take* your love from you.

It's all in your head bro.

Seriously though, you're definitely more comical than I gave you credit for earlier lol

Alright no more screwing around, I'm beginning to think you are serious; I must get down to biznass -

Can you help me with thine essay?

Are you good with Engrish stuff?

I have a research essay due, and it's one of those more informative ones "what were the pros and cons of this_____" and I don't know how to make a thesis statement out of that. Does every essay need to have a thesis statement? Should my thesis statement be simply "In this essay I will discuss the pros and cons of _____"?

I'm not an English major if that's what you think. But I used to write a lot, so I guess I'm semi-good?

Yeah you definitely need a thesis statement--which basically is the "message" or purpose of your essay, and it's short and concise. It should also be supported by evidence of some sort.

I can help you write one but you have to tell me what the purpose of your essay is... like what is the essay question your prof gave you, in full, so I can have an idea of what you're trying to write?

btw I wasn't serious =P

Why are you taking an English class if you can't write a thesis statement? Just curious :P

I'm not an English major if that's what you think. But I used to write a lot, so I guess I'm semi-good?

Yeah you definitely need a thesis statement--which basically is the "message" or purpose of your essay, and it's short and concise. It should also be supported by evidence of some sort.

I can help you write one but you have to tell me what the purpose of your essay is... like what is the essay question your prof gave you, in full, so I can have an idea of what you're trying to write?

Nono I'm a good essay writer, it's just when I'm not being asked a direction question "What was the significance of _____" where I can take a clear stance and make an argument for something, I get a little confused.

I guess all my thesis statement could possibly be in the instance I have described would be to say that that there are many advantages and disadvantages of *my topic*, and then describe how I am going to outline them in the essay. Basically, if I'm being asked to talk about the advantages and disadvantages of something, what could my argument possibly be, other than to say "There ARE advantages and disadvantages, and I will now describe them to you"?

Nono I'm a good essay writer, it's just when I'm not being asked a direction question "What was the significance of _____" where I can take a clear stance and make an argument for something, I get a little confused.

I guess all my thesis statement could possibly be in the instance I have described would be to say that that there are many advantages and disadvantages of *my topic*, and then describe how I am going to outline them in the essay.

Isn't the type of essay you're trying to write a persuasive type? I think that's what they're called.

I think this link will be really helpful http://word-crafter.net/CompI/argumentI.html

Your thesis statement should answer the question posed. So if the question asked was "What was the significance of . . . ", your thesis statement should try to answer that i.e. "The significance of X is . . . " or "X event is significant for XYZ reason"

Isn't the type of essay you're trying to write a persuasive type? I think that's what they're called.

I think this link will be really helpful http://word-crafter.net/CompI/argumentI.html

Your thesis statement should answer the question posed. So if the question asked was "What was the significance of . . . ", your thesis statement should try to answer that i.e. "The significance of X is . . . " or "X event is significant for XYZ reason"

^^^ No see that's the type that I AM good at answering.

The topic I have been given is "Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of X system of government in X country".

I don't know how to take a clear stance on that, because I am going to be talking about multiple advantages and multiple disadvantages, so how the hell am I supposed to derive a single thesis from that?

Sorry I misunderstood. Scratch my previous post.

So the question asked was "what are the pros and cons of . . . " ??

Your thesis statement should just answer that question.

Even if it's an 8 page long essay and I'm going to be doing like 5 advantages and 5 disadvantages, you're saying I should just list them all in the order that they will appear in my thesis statement? Does my thesis statement have to be one sentence?

^^^ No see that's the type that I AM good at answering.

The topic I have been given is "Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of X system of government in X country".

I don't know how to take a clear stance on that, because I am going to be talking about multiple advantages and multiple disadvantages, so how the hell am I supposed to derive a single thesis from that?

Ah I see. Well first, you need to take a stand/position on that question. What do you think of the system of government in X country? Do you think it's a good one, with many positives or do you think it's a bad one? From there you can easily derive a thesis statement.

Ah I see. Well first, you need to take a stand/position on that question. What do you think of the system of government in X country? Do you think it's a good one, with many positives or do you think it's a bad one? From there you can easily derive a thesis statement.

Awww **** of course!

Why the hell was I thinking that the prof literally wanted me to list a bunch of pros and cons and that's it?

Thanks, I knew I was missing something. Must have been the way the question was worded that was confusing me, or I'm just stupid, but for the sake of my self-esteem I will go with the former.

Awww **** of course!

Why the hell was I thinking that the prof literally wanted me to list a bunch of pros and cons and that's it?

Thanks, I knew I was missing something. Must have been the way the question was worded that was confusing me.

It happens. No problem though

You could have just emailed the prof and asked what he was looking for?

It happens. No problem though

You could have just emailed the prof and asked what he was looking for?

I didn't want him to know I left it this late:).

Either way, if only for the sake of my image (I'm doing well), I didn't want to have to ask, twas embarrassing (so I bring it to a public internet forum:D ), I knew it was something simple that I was missing.