Premed 101 Forums

What's your story?

Hi Guys,

While reading different threads, I've come across some amazing posts by med students about the journey they went through to get into medical school, ranging from getting in after 3 years to writing numerous MCATs, completing multiple degrees and applying year after year. As someone who is currently in the process of applying, hearing other people's stories is not only inspirational, but it also gives hope to those of us who aren't sure if we have what it takes.

To all the med students out there, remember what it was like to be an undergrad and take a minute to share your story.

Decided that I wanted to be a doctor, aced MCAT my first time, had great EC's, absolutely nailed the interview (they were giving me so much positive feedback it was ridiculous, even though they are not supposed to), and got accepted into multiple schools on my first try.

Cool story bro.

I studied 8 years in computer science (masters and first 2 years of phd) while training full-time as an elite swimmer. Then last fall I decided I wanted to get into med school, so I went back to school to redo some chem & bio cegep classes that were too old, applied and got accepted after having doing well in the MMI. Never too late to change paths.

Archived