Premed 101 Forums

Application - CV Question

ontariomed0002

Hey everyone

i've been looking at the prelim application instructions for the McGill application and had some questions about anyone who has seen or done the McGill CV:

- Does anyone know if is it more like a resume vs. a CV and then you elaborate on three activities

-Since it is a computerized system just wondering how many total activities everyone is thinking they will be able to fit because in my mind you can fit a lot more if it is more of a resume vs. a CV

Any thoughts??

Thanks

Hi, I applied into Med-P So I don't know if it's the same, but for me it was a form you had to fill out for every entry with Title, date, hours/week, a tiny description, contact information... And when you submitted it it was more of a list, with every activity taking up one line in a table. And I think the number of entries was unlimited.

Hi, I applied into Med-P So I don't know if it's the same, but for me it was a form you had to fill out for every entry with Title, date, hours/week, a tiny description, contact information... And when you submitted it it was more of a list, with every activity taking up one line in a table. And I think the number of entries was unlimited.

To my knowledge, the MDCM program is the same form as the Med-P forms. Pretty much what feversugar described. Then you pick 3 and ellaborate on. These "highlights" are very important.

They changed how the CV has to be done this year. It's not like last year, I think they went back to what they asked for two years ago!

http://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/elements/curriculum-vitæ-highlights

Based on the application 2 years, it was more like a CV I would say, not so much a resume. In fact I just formatted my CV and submitted it. They want a quick glance at your achievements in 2 pages.

Archived