Premed 101 Forums

REST AND HAPPINESS directly proportional to MCAT score

eternalkeener

Just as I despaired and was ready to give up, I gave myself a rest and jumped into the competitive zone - 10/11/11! That goes to show you that stress and fatigue AFFECTS YOUR MCAT SCORE DRAMATICALLY!!!!

That really helps to know for my score improvement and I hope you can all use it as anecdotal evidence of what to do before test day, those of you who are still prepping!!!!

:)

Edit: It sounded obvious. I was too stubborn to take that morsel of wisdom that seriously.

oh yeah! I feel very cocky for having totally rejected that advice (and other advice) before...

If there is any advice that unquestionably works, it's to rest before an exam and to remember that all the info is on the page, in front of you. Enough practice makes you trust yourself when you answer too, which saves precious TIME and therefore marks.

Just as I despaired and was ready to give up, I gave myself a rest and jumped into the competitive zone - 10/11/11! That goes to show you that stress and fatigue AFFECTS YOUR MCAT SCORE DRAMATICALLY!!!!

That really helps to know for my score improvement and I hope you can all use it as anecdotal evidence of what to do before test day, those of you who are still prepping!!!!

Edit: It sounded obvious. I was too stubborn to take that morsel of wisdom that seriously.

lol I think you're absolutely right, and I was too stubborn to believe it too. It helped me improve my verbal a little.

Was the 10/11/11 your actual MCAT score?

lol!! :)

No, it was my practice MCAT score on AAMC 9 - and they say that the 'upper' AAMC tests are representative of your real score. In fact, all of the AAMC tests are supposed to be representative... So I take that as a good sign!! :)

I find nerves are my biggest enemy which are greatly decreased with rest and positive thinking...

Hm...I pretty much procrastinated and wasted of today, hopefully my practice test will go well tmr? :P

I think there is a difference between taking a break and slacking off lol. Even though you did no work on the back of ur mind all day you were prob thinking.. "I Should be studying write now" causing you uneeded stress that doesn't come from designating a day off ;)

I think there is a difference between taking a break and slacking off lol. Even though you did no work on the back of ur mind all day you were prob thinking.. "I Should be studying write now" causing you uneeded stress that doesn't come from designating a day off ;)

True, although it will be hard the day before THE day to tell myself not think about doing some last minute cramming, or to keep the MCAT from surfacing to the top of my mind.

Veni Vidi Vici has just said what I meant to say from the very beginning re: the day of the MCAT and the days of your practise tests. You must get in the zone. The CORE of your attitude should consist of:

'I am going to own this b**ch'.

Every time you say that, your muscles relax, your anxiety goes down and your prefrontal cortex actually starts working as if you were doing a homework problem with a time limit, instead of this 5-hour hoop-jumping test. Essentially, when you think about that phrase and have confidence in yourself, your brain starts to function normally and you can actually answer the questions CORRECTLY and not waste time double-checking your answers.

Archived