Premed 101 Forums

Anyone know when interview calls will happen?

Guest AhhhNice

Guest AhhhNice

I guess all of you are like me, and wish they'd call about interviews now. Does anyone remember when interview calls came out last year? I am a NF resident, but feel free to post if you're OOP.

AN

They called before Christmas break last year if I remember correctly...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

edited to add: that's when they contacted NB residents

Madz

Guest clinicalchief

Last year the NL interview calls happened over the last week of January and the first week of February. This years NL interviews will start on Feb 24.

cc

Guest AhhhNice

You guys are fast...lol. CC, where did you hear that NF resident interviews will start on Feb 24th? It just seems strange to me, cause I've had two interviews before, and they've been on or before Feb. 9th. Are they starting late this year?

AN

Guest DancingDoc

Hey quick question.... do they only call you about interviews or do they mail/email as well? Bad time to be calling for interviews if most people are at their family's for Christmas instead of home....... (Do they call permanent of mailing address?)??? If they call my home I won't be there to get the message, how soon do we have to respond?

Guest DancingDoc

So I answered myself.... They called my mailing address and left a message to call them. It was good news!!! :)

Where do people normally stay when they come up for an interview?

If i remember correctly, they send you a list of hotels. And there may be some kind of special "interview weekend" deal they hook up for you. But I'm not sure, since I stay with friends/family.

Last year I got the call first week of Jan, interviewed sometime in the middle of Feb (I'm a NF applicant).

Best of luck to those with interviews.

Guest clinicalchief

I'll check the exact interview dates on Monday guys, although all the NL interviews will be done in Feb, and possibly the first week of March. There is a list of hotels/B&Bs ready to go which range from $67-$145/night. These are special rates that school has gotten for medical interviewees.

cc

Guest DancingDoc

What's the lastest they need our fall term transcripts by? Does anyone know if it will say in the package they send? Just wondering because I could send my transcript now but I only have one mark up so far!! lol

Archived