Premed 101 Forums

Chances?

Hi all, just thought that I would get some feedback:

I'm a graduate student (MSc), aiming to defend by June 2012

My GPA for my grad courses is 3.8

My undergrad OMSAS GPA is 3.70

My MCAT is VR8 PS12 BS11 WSR

MY ECs are pretty standard (4 years as a counselor at a summer camp, heart and stroke volunteer for 1/2 a year, hospital volunteer for 2 years, high school science and math tutor for 2 years)

Also got $10 000 studentship, $3000 studentship, $500 travel award, poster competition award

Reference letters: what can be said about them

I have a bunch of abstracts to conferences, and even more posters

I am expecting a paper to come out soon which I have authorship on, plus another one expected by the time I defend which I'm first author

Hi all, just thought that I would get some feedback:

I'm a graduate student (MSc), aiming to defend by June 2012

My GPA for my grad courses is 3.8

My undergrad OMSAS GPA is 3.70

My MCAT is VR8 PS12 BS11 WSR

MY ECs are pretty standard (4 years as a counselor at a summer camp, heart and stroke volunteer for 1/2 a year, hospital volunteer for 2 years, high school science and math tutor for 2 years)

Also got $10 000 studentship, $3000 studentship, $500 travel award, poster competition award

Reference letters: what can be said about them

I have a bunch of abstracts to conferences, and even more posters

I am expecting a paper to come out soon which I have authorship on, plus another one expected by the time I defend which I'm first author

Lower than average chances due to your MCAT, but GPA is competitive. You must do well on Casper. ECs aren't technically a part of the pre-interview or post-interview formulae, but who knows.

Gl.

if you get those two papers out, i think you might have a better chance at uoft. but that verbal hurts. would you wanna rewrite mcat? or do you think you're not really able to bring that 8VR up? if you don't feel up to bringing your verbal score up, then just kill CASPer.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived