Premed 101 Forums

AAMC #11 vs. #7/5

cdawso23

Hi everyone! I'm kind of panicking here.

I just did AAMC #11 this morning and did so poorly on physics I just stopped the entire test altogether. My problem was that I spent waaaayy too much time on the first few passages and was like with about 10 minutes for the last 3 or 4 (plus the FSQs).

Anyways, I scored an 8.

I decided to try AAMC #5 right after and pay more attention to time management and finished all the passages/FSQ in time. I scored an 11.

I'm wondering now though if #5 was just a lot easier than number 11 and that's the only reason I made my score improve.

Also, I did score an 11 on #7 and 9 on #8 (where I also ran out of time and had to guess for a couple passages, though not as bad as for #11).

What are your thoughts? I'm totally panicking right now!

^don't panic. Go over 11 and 10 the most...and challenge yourself with maybe TPR or Kaplan Diagnostics.

3-8 are very...how do I put...I had a relatively easier time with them. Maybe it's just me, but some people found it more challenging; but overall I think those are the simplest.

Did you have prior physics experience?

I took first year physics, though I never exactly excelled at it then either.

I just don't even know what to focus on now. All (or most) of my mistakes for #11 were the ones I had to guess on because I ran out of time. I guess just working on speed more than anything.

I took first year physics, though I never exactly excelled at it then either.

I just don't even know what to focus on now. All (or most) of my mistakes for #11 were the ones I had to guess on because I ran out of time. I guess just working on speed more than anything.

I just did AAMC 11 today... i found that the passages were longer than all the other AAMCs... when i was doing it i thought i was going to bomb it really bad, but it ended up being my best mark :)

as for the PS section, it had a lot of calculations compared to the other tests... so i would suggest getting better at speed calculating! only practice can do that... so just practice under tighter timed conditions than you will have on the actual mcat.

and don't panic :) g'luuuck

Yeah I had the same problem with 11 yesterday, it had many calculations(more then 15) made 7,8,9,10 look like a joke got a 12 flat on all of those, but ended with an 8 in PS AAMC11 (Missed a passaged, and guessed a passage). I think it all comes down to which version of the test you get on test day, and how calm you can remain, and pace your self to finish the that portion of the test.

Another question about #11,

I decided to do the rest of it (Bio and VR), and actually did quite well so I'm feeling slightly better, at least Bio might save me. What I was wondering those is if the amount of organic chemistry on 11 is representative of the real MCAT? I felt like there was barely any on 11, which was nice haha.

aamc 7 was alrght. Except there was this one passage about earthquakes in the physical science section.. the passage made us relay on the it for every single question.. and it was hard to understand too (surface waves transmitting earthquakes or something like that).. I hope the real mcat is not containing many of these passages.. will be doing 11 soon!

Archived