Premed 101 Forums

GPA cutoff for OOP applicants

Hi, im an in-province-applicant with a 3.75 wGPA for three years (my first year is extremely weak). Should I even bother applying to Ottawa or wait to have another good year under my belt

I would wait until you get a higher wgpa. It's 3.85 wgpa for english in-province out of ottawa applicants. However, if your from the ottawa area I would suggest applying. Also if ur applying into the french stream then I would try applying aswell.

Hi, im an in-province-applicant with a 3.75 wGPA for three years (my first year is extremely weak). Should I even bother applying to Ottawa or wait to have another good year under my belt

I suggest you come back with another user name, especially as a future physician. A friend lost his left nut to testicular cancer and this disease aint funny.

I suggest you come back with another user name, especially as a future physician. A friend lost his left nut to testicular cancer and this disease aint funny.
My friend got attacked by a monkey. You don't see me complaining about kylamonkey's username.

My other friend got eaten by a Macbook. You don't see me complaining about thehumanmacbook's username.

Lighten up.

Ughhhh I keep calculating my GPA as an OOP for different schools and I am always soo close but not quite making the proposed cutoffs. I am at 3.85 for ottawa's wGPA......I don't know if I should apply or not but am leaning more towards the not....when was the last time an OOP got an interview with 3.85 anyone?!

Someone on this board got IN with w3.85

This is what's expected for Ottawa:

OOP - 3.87 wGPA

OOO (Out of Ottawa, but IP for ONT) - 3.85 wGPA

Ottawa region - 3.7

Because of the increasing # of applicants...it's really unlikely that their GPA cutoffs will lower...supa was a IP OOO I believe. :( you can still try though...

I have calculated my wGPA to be slightly less than 3.85, approx 3.847. Do they round up or would that be considered an automatic rejection?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just realized that I emailed U of O regarding OOP cutoffs a long time ago (before I joined this forum). This is what they answered me with:

"The WGPA cut-off for out of province residents last year was 3.87/4 and it has been predicted that it will not change for this application cycle.

The WGPA is calculated based on your 3 most recent years of completed full-time undergraduate studies leading to a bachelor’s degree in a recognized University."

Not sure if this helps anyone, but hey, I'll post it anyway. Good luck everyone!

Archived