Premed 101 Forums

Your most embarassing moment

Let'sGo1990

Having my period start during the 1st hour of a long surgery in which I could not move.

"Could I please scrub out to the bathroom?" ... "NO."

6 hrs later.

Scrub nurse: "Hey, Renin, I think you need to go to the bathroom."

I had to flipping change my scrubs. And the pad machine was out.

I hate surgery.

Hm, probably when I used to volunteer at a family planning clinic and misread the results of this woman's pregnancy test and told her she was pregnant - which she wasn't. This was not a wanted pregnancy, so I spent like half an hour explaining her how to get an abortion and what it'd involve. Then I went to grab a brochure for her and realized the test had actually been negative.

AWKWARD.

Good thing I caught it before I had sent her on her way. She was a good sport and didn't freak out on me, thankfully.

Having my period start during the 1st hour of a long surgery in which I could not move.

"Could I please scrub out to the bathroom?" ... "NO."

6 hrs later.

Scrub nurse: "Hey, Renin, I think you need to go to the bathroom."

I had to flipping change my scrubs. And the pad machine was out.

I hate surgery.

Oh no... poor Renin... is the surgery rotation over now?

I used to live on a farm in Austria, and one day (I was about 6 years old) I was out helping out in a field. At the end of the day the son of the neighbor was driving the tractor home and I was following behind it (home was very close). It stopped at an intersection and I was catching up to it.. I saw in the side mirror that he wasn't watching for cars and he could have crossed the street many times. As I got within 10 feet of the tractor he pulls a level that sprayed manure from the back (which was used to fertilize grass). It was 15 minutes of walking home covered from head to toe in cow crap. I guess it wasn't as embarrassing as it was humiliating..

• 2 weeks later...

One time, in my socials class, we were doing an assignment and I went up to hand in my paper. The teacher was not there for some reason. But, when I walked up to hand in my paper, all of a sudden everyone in my class went quiet and all the guys, specifically, start to stare at me. And I was like, wtf is going on. I was such a shy, tiny 9th grader that I just froze. And I was so scared I couldn't move. And the guys were staring at me, not in a flattering sort of way. But in like a children of the corn sort of way:

children-of-the-corn.jpg

I was like thinking... what is wrong?! Are they going to kill me? Is my fly undone? Wait... I'm not wearing jeans... WTF?!

Then one of the guys burst out laughing.

Practical joke time.

I got punked.

Archived