Premed 101 Forums

will Mac accept students with an incomplete masters?

kap

Hey,

Any input would be appreciated. Do you know if McMaster will accept students who are in the middle of their masters (but will not be defending it or completing it by med school's start date in august) ?

Are there any medical schools in Ontario that do accept students that are enrolled but have not completed their masters degrees?

Anyone have any personal experiences regarding this that they would like to share?

Thanks!

-kap

my issue is that i would start the masters this january... and its a two year program.. so i wouldnt even have that much work completed by august.. would i still be allowed to enroll in medicine if i was accepted?

so i dont know if i should hold off on starting a masters program until i hear back from all the medical schools first, or if its okay for me to start the masters program and if i get into med school then go there..

• 4 months later...

I know I'm reviving an old thread but I'm hoping someone could help me here - I'm trying to find info about McMaster's policies about applicants in the process of completing their masters degrees, and if they expect you to defend your thesis prior to when classes start, should you be fortunate enough to be admitted.

I couldn't find anything on their website, but from this thread it sounds like they do not care? Any official links for this though? I would greatly appreciate any help! Thank you.

If I remember I always though it was a bit odd - they want the letter from the supervisor indicating that he/she is aware that you are applying but that is a bit vague - the letter might say that they are "aware, disapprove, but heck I cannot stop them etc". Mac doesn't outright say you need supervisor approval or that they have veto powers so what is the point?

Archived