Premed 101 Forums

Just hoping for some advice.

Guest andrea55

Guest andrea55

Hey there. I am new on here and just hoping for some advice regarding my situation and hopes of applying to medical school. Currently I am a nursing student in my third year at the University of Ottawa. Next year I will have completed my BscN degree and am hoping to apply to med school for september '13.

Now, because My program did not allow us very many electives (and my plan was not always to go to med school), I have not completed any physics, chem and biochem classes.

I have completed a wide variety of courses relevant to medicine such as pathophysiology, pharmacology, anatomy and physiology, microbiology ect.

From my point of view these classes have prepared me for application to medical school, unfortunately not all schools feel the same way. My plan is to apply to Mcmaster as they do not have the same science requirements as other schools do. I am just afraid I will not get in there and be out of luck for a year. has anyone faced this same situation? any thoughts or advice would be most greatly appreciated.

thanks ! :)

since you have a year in between applying and when classes would start, maybe you could take the classes during that year (as a non-degree year)?

Just a suggestion.

maybe look into U of T since their requirements are categories (see if your classes would fit into them)?

Just suggestions - no real expertise here.

I wish you the best of luck though!

Archived