Premed 101 Forums

deadline flexibility for transcripts/ref letters

Guest QuestionMan23213

Guest QuestionMan23213

hi there everyone,

i recently called the MUN admissions office and was told by the lady that the application and fee must be sent before the friday 5pm deadline but they are more flexible on the other reference materials including reference letters and transcripts (ie. they can be postdated after the deadline-that is, they can be mailed next week). Is this true? Everywhere on the website it says everything must be mailed prior to the deadline. The reason i ask is that I am still waiting for my MCAT scores and as an OOP applicant i only wanted to apply if my scores were solid since there are only 5 seats or so for us. Therefore i havent bothered sending in anything yet but can do it tomorrow if i have done well and post the other stuff next week.

Anyone know if this is okay?

thanks for the help,

QM

Guest climberchick

if that's what they told you... then believe them, they aren't going to lie to you... they moved up the deadline this year, so I can see them being a little flexible in the reference and transcript area....

Guest clinicalchief

If you were told there will be flexibility, then there should be flexibility. However, if you feel doubtful about it, it might be a good idea to get it in writing (ie email) first.

Good Luck

cc

Archived