Premed 101 Forums

Sketch - published Thesis

In my opinion you should include your thesis (it is a really big deal!!). I think that the "projects done as part of a university course" is referring to undergraduate research courses (where the research isn't self-directed, but rather you are learning techniques).

Maybe I'm the lone dissenter, but I think you should leave out the published thesis. I think it falls under Formal Education under your M.Sc. or Ph.D. entry. Aren't all theses published? I've never seen anyone list a thesis under publications (either on the ABS or on a CV).

Hm OK, I can kind of see what you mean, but in the end, I think that the thesis is a given, and is covered, under your Formal Education.

I did a 4th year thesis, and am nearing the end of my Ph.D., but I thought it would be a bit redundant to put those items under Research. Actually, I don't think I mentioned my 4th yr thesis at all since it was technically a course I did to complete my Bachelor's. But obviously everyone will do what they think is most appropriate.

Archived