Premed 101 Forums

Need of your advices

Guest Mariko 8

Guest Mariko 8

Is it wise to take physics 12 if you did bad in physics 11? alot of my friends are telling me that I should take physics 12. However, I don't know if I should because I thought I did bad in it. I heard that alot of universities, if you want to go into the science field you must take physics 12.

Guest kosmo14

Most science programs in University require intro. physics, which requires physics 12. Particularily if you are looking into Med. you definately need it. If you don't take physics 12 and decide to take physics in university, if they allow you to, it will make that class a lot harder. If you work hard at it I'm sure you can manage to do well.

Guest Ian Wong

Once you get into university, no one will ever look at your high school marks again. If you can forsee yourself applying to medicine in the future, you'll most likely need to write the MCAT, which is required at all English Canadian med schools except for Ottawa and McMaster, and a significant component of this exam is Physics.

I'd agree with the other people and say that you should challenge yourself with Physics 12. Physics definitely isn't easy, but hard work now will pay off big when you get to university.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Archived