Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to Interview Invites!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got my interview invite ~2 hours ago.

IP

As for numbers of people who got the invite, I dunno.

And to respond about after submitting step 2, I never got a reply for finishing it and DalOnline still says I've no reference letters nor transcript&MCAT.

yarg!

I got rejected as well - honestly I was a little surprised.

gpa 3.94, mcat 36P - my volunteering and stuff isn't super hot though.

I'm also curious as to who gets a 4.00 gpa and in what program. I feel a little ripped off by that knowing that some of the top students in my entire faculty were certainly not 4.00gpas.

Invited!

Anyone know any affordable hotels near the interview location? And whats the cheapest way to get from the airport to the hospital?

Its about a 30 min cab ride from the airport to the peninsula/downtown. Taxis cost $53, and a limo costs $56 (flat rates but plus tip). Cabs are great when you have people to split them with, but are otherwise pricey.

There is also the Airporter shuttle, which takes anywhere from 45 min to 1 hr 15 to get you where you need to go. It will drop you off at most of the hotels on the peninsula. Its $19.50 per way, or you can get a return ticket for $36.

http://www.airporter.biz/

I usually take the airporter.

People from TO

Any tips on getting the cheapest flights down to Hali?

Air Canada, West Jet and Porter all have promo codes on right now for 20% off. You need to book by Oct 24 though, so act soon!

Air Canada promo code: CANPROMO24OCT

West Jet promo code: PCR83 plus coupon code: LOQTOW9

Porter: NOV20

(These promo codes apply for more flights than just Toronto-Halifax FYI)

Archived