Premed 101 Forums

pre-req average

codeblue

Does anyone have any experience with the pre-req averages at McGill?

By the time my application is in i'll only have 3 out of the 7 completed, the other 4 are being taken the following semester. Wondering if this is going to affect my application/what I can do about it.

Admissions office hasn't been of much help.

Admissions office is awesome at McGill... They are a bit slow due to email volume right now but you can try calling.

On the website it says something about you don't have to have your pre-reqs done until July 31 (a few months before class would start for medicine).

However, you may need to "demonstrate a reasonable plan" that you'll have them all done, or something to that effect, if you are missing a number of pre-reqs. This is addressed on the website.

My DegGPA is 4.0

My SciGPA is 3.27

My MCAT is 33 (13 Bio, 11 Physical)...

I will be including my MCAT.

I will redo my two worst pre-reqs before applying next year (If I don't get in) to raise my SciGPA to 3.7

I have been worried about big difference in SciGPA and DegGPA, but I'm hoping the AdCom will notice my publications in spinal cord research and realize that I did my pre-reqs like almost 7 years ago when I was a drunk 18 year old. We'll see

I will apply to McGill after my Undergrad at McGill, but I went to CEGEP before (where I took all my pre-reqs)

So what is the SciGPA?

What is degGPA?

What is prereqGPA? (Because I took all the pre-reqs in CEGEP, so they are still considered?)

Murphy303 (post above) says he has a degGPA of 4.0, but a sciGPA of 3.27. That confuses me a lot....

I will apply to McGill after my Undergrad at McGill, but I went to CEGEP before (where I took all my pre-reqs)

So what is the SciGPA?

What is degGPA?

What is prereqGPA? (Because I took all the pre-reqs in CEGEP, so they are still considered?)

Murphy303 (post above) says he has a degGPA of 4.0, but a sciGPA of 3.27. That confuses me a lot....

Yes, your CEGEP courses will still count.

Does anyone have any experience with the pre-req averages at McGill?

By the time my application is in i'll only have 3 out of the 7 completed, the other 4 are being taken the following semester. Wondering if this is going to affect my application/what I can do about it.

Admissions office hasn't been of much help.

I was in your exact situation last year. In the supplemental med application, input the 4 courses you haven't completed, and for the grades put IP (in progress). This is what the admissions office told me to do last year, and it all worked out.

Archived